• chapter 10 •

• chapter ten •

" I hope you will get what you wished for "

• • 

THE next morning, I woke up, no. I don't think that I sleep at all. Tossing around here and there. It felt like air was sucked from my lungs. I couldn't breathe. Since yesterday. After him. After all this year, he returned back into our life. Does he really, though? We have not spoken much. I was frozen at the sight of him.

I tried to get up from the bed, but I really couldn't. I missed him so much. All these years, I have been waiting to see him again. From the moment he stepped out from the apartment on the last day of the project. My heart yearned for him. He was my everything. My whole world. But he is also the person that broke me. I have been looking for him all these years and when I am ready to let go, build my life back again, he returned. 

"What do you really want, Chris?" I sighed to myself. Getting up from my bed, after fully forcing myself up, I reached out for the curtain and opened it. A notification pop out on my phone screen. It was from Ryan. 

' Breakfast at Harold's? ' he texted. I type a quick yes and jumped in the shower instantly to get ready. Caedyn was still sleeping and while we are at my parent's house, I am pretty sure this boy did not mind if I went out as he can spend the day with his grandparents. 

The food we ordered arrived shortly after. The waiter placed our food in front of us. Reaching for the utensils, I dug in my food. 

"How are you?" Ryan asked with concerned laced in his voice. Uh, I know what is this all about. 

"I'm good as ever," I said, then quickly stuffed my mouth with food. He holds my hand from across the table and stroked it softly.

"Can I asked you something?" He asked. 

"You already did," I chuckled. "Yea, you can."

" Yesterday, when the delivery guy came, you seemed shocked..and hurt," he said. " Who is he?" 

I sighed and put down my utensils. I knew this was going to come up. Of course, he would ask this question. I am going out with him but then came another guy and he saw my reaction. 

" He was somebody who made me so happy back then, and truthfully, I did not know I'd be seeing him again after all these years," I replied, my voice on the verge of breaking every time I talk about Chris. 

"Is he Caedyn's dad?" He asked. I nodded slowly and keeping my vision glued to the table instead of him. He squeezed my hand softly and stroke it using his thumb. I can't help it but a teardrop down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away using the back of my hand. 

" Hey, it's okay" He reassured me. I nodded my head slowly and blinked away the tears. 

"I understand how hard it is for you. I could not imagine how I would be if I am in your position. Anna, you are a strong, beautiful woman. Although you faced life-changing challenges, you brought up a small boy who is very kind and polite like his mother, you build up your career and business and be making names everywhere. It's okay, dear" He said. 

"Thank you, Ryan. I did not mean to hurt you anyway by this" I said, still looking down.

"Hey, hey. No, Anna. You didn't hurt me. It's fine. Plus, I am the one who brought up this topic in the beginning. " He said. I nodded my head and we resumed back to eating. We talked about other things. 

After we are done, we walked outside by side. He seems like thinking of something. After a few minutes of silence walking towards our cars. Why do we even park our cars far away? He opened his mouth and asked me. 

"Do you want to see him again?" 

I looked at him for a moment before I replied. Do I want to meet Chris again? Talk to Chris again? 

"I don't think so," I said and I shut the door after me as I entered the car. Ryan pressed his lips and gave me a small smile and waved at me as I drove out from the parking lot. 

Do I really don't want to see Chris anymore?

I don't know. 

===========================================================================

Updated finally after two years. xD