Chapter 2

We decide to walk to the cafe as it's only a few minutes away. We walk in and Johnny and Olivia sit at our usual table in the back corner while I go to the counter.
"Hiya." I say and Meg smiles at me. I met Meg when I was 8 years old when me and my parents came to Texas on holiday so dad could visit Geoff, like we did every year, and we've been close friends ever since. Her blue hair is pulled into a pony tail and she's wearing the usual tight black shirt and jeans.
"The usual? Cup of tea and 2 slices of chocolate cake?" She asks and I nod.
"Yeah please, love." I say, paying for it and walking over to the table.
"Alright you two, you best eat your dinner or Geoff will kill me." I say once I've sat on the sofa opposite Johnny and Olivia.
"We will." They say in unison as Meg sets their cake in front of them and my tea in front of me. The cafe's pretty empty so she sits down next to me.
"So what're you lot up to?" She asks and I take a sip of my tea.
"We're going to Geoffs for dinner so we're killing time." I say and she nods.
"Fair play. How was school today guys?" She asks and Johnny looks up from his cake.
"Good." He says with a mouthful of cake.
"Johnny that's bloody grim." I grimace and he swallows his mouthful before smiling.
"Sorry. Oh Meg, Gav met someone today." He says and I roll my eyes.
"Johnny must you tell everyone?" I ask and he chuckles.
"Well I would have kept my mouth shut but he just walked in." Johnny says and I frown, looking behind me at the door to see Michael walk in with Lindsay.
"Oh that's Michael. He just moved here from New Jersey." Meg says and I frown.
"How do you know him?" I ask and she shrugs.
"He lives in the same apartment complex as Lindsay, the floor above her I think. Also he comes in here a lot." She says before standing up.
"Guess I should go serve them." She says before adding "Maybe I could act as a wing-woman and set you up." She says and I shake my head.
"Meg don't do that." I say as she walks over to them and greets them. I turn my attention to Olivia, who has chocolate cake all over her face, and chuckle at her.
"Johnny could you do me a favour and get me a napkin please." I say and he runs over to Meg before coming back with a napkin and hands it to me.
"Liv, come here." I say and she climbs onto my lap. I wipe her face as Meg walks back over, this time with Michael and Lindsay. Olivia stays in my lap as she gets nervous around new people.
"Hey Gav, I believe you've already met Michael." She says as she sits next to me.
"Yeah, hi." I say quietly. I'm not good at meeting new people either and I feel like Meg is actually gonna try and set us up.
"Can I have more cake?" Johnny says when Michael and Lindsay have sat next to him and after a few minutes of getting to know each other. I roll my eyes.
"No dude, you greedy fuck." I say and Meg turns to Michael.
"He always swears at them, don't worry they know not to say swear words." She says and I raise my eyebrow at her as Olivia slides off my lap so she can finish her cake before Johnny eats it.
"Turney you do realise you made it sound like I shouldn't be looking after them." I say and she winks at me.
"Don't worry babes, you're a great brother." She says and Johnny adds "Not if you don't let me have more cake."

"I'll get you another slice." Meg says, standing up, and I grab her waist and pull her back down.
"Don't or Geoff will kill me." I say and she rolls her eyes.
"See this is why I'm their favourite." She says and I grin when Olivia says, "No. Gavvy's my favourite."

"Too right." I say before turning to Olivia. "That's my girl." I high-five her and Meg laughs.
"Yeah, get back to me in a few years when I'm the cool one and you're the strict one." She says and I roll my eyes.
"Please we both know I don't have it in me to say no to them." I say and Meg laughs.
"You have a point. You're gonna have to find a boyfriend that is capable of being strict or they're gonna walk all over you." She says and I'm about to say they already do but Michael speaks up.
"Oh, I thought you were together." He says and Meg and I look at each other before bursting out laughing.

We stay in the cafe until 5:30 before we decide to go to Geoffs. I stand up and Olivia raises her arms at me.
"Up?" She asks and I pick her up, holding her on my side while she wraps her arms around my neck and rests her head on my shoulder.
"Cmon buddy." I say to Johnny and we say bye to the guys before walking out of the cafe and towards our house.