Chapter 6

The next week follows the same pattern as the first proper day here. We hang out and chat and laugh and joke and swim or go for walks or play board games and every night I sleep wrapped around Gavin and the flirting increases drastically as the days go by all the while I fall more and more in love with him. On the ninth and final day Gavin decides he's going for a walk while Lindsay plays with the kids in the Garden and Meg and I sit in the front room talking. We decide to leave after lunch and it's only 11:30am so we have an hour or so and we're all already packed up.
"So, it's the last day. You gonna finally do something about you and Gavin or are you gonna let us go back to work and ordinary life and just pretend you don't love Gavin and wait until he's met someone else and live your life sad and alone?" Meg asks and I sigh.
"It's not as easy as it looks. I've almost asked him out so many times while we've been here, I just always wimp out." I say and she rolls her eyes.
"Do it quick, like ripping of a plaster. I say you go and find him right now and ask him out." She says and I bite my lip.
"Come on Michael, what's the worst thing that can happen? He won't say no, you two have basically been all over each other all week and the flirting has been unbearably cute." She says and I roll my eyes.
"Alright fine, I'll go and find him." I say as Lindsay and the kids come into the room.
"Where you going Michael?" Lindsay asks and Meg shushes her and grabs Lindsay's hand, pulling her onto the sofa with a shout of good luck for me before her and Lindsay start whispering excitedly. I roll my eyes at them and go and search for Gavin. When I'm sure he's not in the house anywhere I check out front before going out back. I spot him sitting on a bench some way down the lake and I walk over to him. Like ripping off a plaster, nice and painless. Hopefully.

"Hey boi." I say softly as I get near him and he looks over at me.
"Hey Micool." He says quietly and I sit next to him.
"It's so peaceful here, isn't it? I don't want to leave. I feel like I'm in a bubble." He adds looking back to the lake, and I nod.
"Yeah it is. We should make this an annual trip." I say and he smiles slightly.
"I'd love that."

We sit in silence for a few minutes before I finally talk myself into asking him.
"Gav, can I ask you something?" I ask and he nods, looking at me. I look at the lake right in front of us and bite my lip.
"Do you, er, would you want to maybe, would you want to maybe go out with me sometime?" I ask nervously and Gavin smiles.
"Yes my boi." He says and I smile.
"Really?" I ask and he nods.
"Yeah Micool." He says and I grin at him.
"Awesome." I say and Gavin grins his beautiful grin too. I'm about to lean forward and kiss him when I hear "Lads! Lunch is ready." from the lake house. Gavin blushes deeply and bites his lip and I smile and tap his lip with my index finger like I did the first night here.
"You shouldn't bite your lip boi." I say softly and he rolls his eyes.
"Guys!" I hear an impatient yell and I stand up, holding a hand out to Gavin.
"Come on boi." I say and he takes my hand and lets me pull him up off the bench. We let go of each others hands just as we reach the kitchen and see Meg and Lindsay have made everyone burgers. Gavin and I act normal during lunch and when everyone has eaten and we've cleaned up we start putting everything in the car. Gavin and Meg are talking about something so I decide to tell Lindsay what happened.
"So did you do it?" She asks quietly as we both grab our bags. I nod and she grins.
"I knew it! Tell me everything!" I explain what happened and by the time I finish she's grinning.
"If I'd have known you were gonna kiss him I wouldn't have let Meg call you for lunch!" She says, basically giddy and I smile as we climb into the truck. The drive back home is the same as the drive to the lake house, full of singing and chatting and eating and Olivia somehow falls asleep again. Gavin drops me and Lindsay off first and I suddenly regret living in the same building as her because I can't say bye or talk to Gavin as much as I want to. We get our bags out of the back of the truck and as we're walking towards to building I catch Gavins eyes and smile at him.

Gavins POV

I tell Meg what happened between me and Michael while we pack the bags into the truck and she's grinning by the end of it.
"If I'd have known he was gonna kiss you I wouldn't have called you for lunch." She says and I giggle.