Chapter 9

"GAVIN! GAVIN! GAVIN!" I wake up when I hear Olivia shouting and as I'm about to sit up I feel her jump onto my stomach.
"Whats wrong?" I ask, opening my eyes and looking her over to see if shes bleeding or bruised.
"Nothing. Can we go to the park?" She asks and I chuckle.
"God, Livvy I thought you were dying. Yeah I guess we can go to the park." I say and she grins.
"Go get dressed, tell Johnny to get ready, and I'll go make breakfast." I say before getting up and pulling on a pair of black shorts and a plain white baggy t-shirt with short sleeves that I've rolled up. I cook a full English breakfast and we all eat before Johnny grabs his football and we leave the house. We go to the local shop on the way to the park to grab a couple of bottles of water and then we're walking to the park, Olivia holding my hand and Johnny bouncing his ball whilst we walk.

We get to the park and Johnny throws his ball before running after it and kicking it to me.
"Can I go on the slide?" Olivia asks and I nod, we're close to the play park which is fenced off so I will be able to see her at all times, besides there are a lot of mums there and if someone tries to do anything they will stop them, for some reason we're quite well known around here, probably because of Geoff. I watch Olivia go to the slide, wave at a mum whose daughter is in Olivia's class, and kick the ball back to Johnny, starting a game of 1v1 football. After around 15 minutes a few kids in Johnny's year come over, as well as a guy around my age who I'm assuming is an older brother.
"Need a couple more players?" The older guy asks and I look at Johnny who shrugs, nodding.
"Sure, 3 on 3 footie?" I offer and the older guy nods.
"This is James, Mason and Lucas. I'm Sean, Lucas's older brother." He says and I nod as a hello as the three younger boys walk over to Johnny and start chatting.
"I'm Gavin, that's Johnny." I say and he nods.
"I think I've seen you here playing soccer before, aren't you usually with a little girl as well?" He asks and I nod.
"Yeah, we come here a lot, Olivia, my sister, is the girl I'm always with." I say and he nods.
"Where's Olivia now?" He asks and I point to her playing on the slide with a little girl from her class.
"Oh she's playing with my little sister Sophie." He says and I smile.

"Small world." I mutter.
"Gav! Let's play!" Johnny calls and I nod, taking off my t-shirt and throwing it on the floor to mark a goal. Johnny and Lucas take of their hoodies and Sean takes his shirt off too to complete the goal posts.
"Alright, me, Johnny and Lucas v Sean, Mason and James. Standard footie rules apply, no foul play. Let's go." I say before kicking the ball to Lucas who passes it to Johnny.

We continue playing football for a while and Sean and I start getting competitive, tackling each other and shoving each other gently, only messing about. Sean has the ball and he has a cocky smirk on his face so I tackle him and make him fall over and he sticks out his foot so I fall too, landing almost on top of him. I start laughing as Johnny holds out a hand and pulls me up. I pull Sean up and we chuckle again as I hear my name being called.
"Gav!" I hear and I turn around to see Meg, Lindsay and Michael.

"Hey!" I call as they walk over and Sean calls a time out.

"What's up? Hey Sean, long time no see." Meg says and I can't help but notice the way Michael is looking me up and down.
"Playing a bit of footie. How come you know everyone?" I ask and Meg shrugs.
"Working in a cafe means you meet a lot of people." She says and I shrug.

"Well this is Lucas, James and Mason. Guys this is Meg, Lindsay and Michael." I say, walking over to Michael and standing next to him.
"Hi by the way." I smile and he smiles, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

MICHAELS POV

I only agreed to come to the park because Lindsay was begging me to come and get some fresh air because her studying is driving her mad, but after I see that guy all over Gavin I'm glad I did come. The second we walk into the park I see Gavin shirtless playing soccer with a bunch of kids and some guy.
"Is that Gavin?" Lindsay asks.
"Let's go say hey." I say and Meg smirks.
"What?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.
"You mean, let's go show Sean who is lying on the ground next to him that he has a boyfriend?" She says and I frown.