Episode 4: Back to Reality Part I

Birds chirped and students roamed free as the sun shinned in the pink and silver room where one of the girls slept and the other began to blast Rihanna while she got ready for her first class, Robotics, and her second year of college. Tia opened her eyes while laying in her twin sized bed and glanced at China who was stomping her feet and tilting her head back and forth to the beat. Tia slowly laid up in her bed and looked around the room.

"Good morning Sleeping Betty." China stood up to reveal a pink collar shirt and a silver skirt as

Tia rubbed her eyes. "What happened?"

"Well...." China slid her white slip-on shoes over to her. "When you woke up in the middle of the night, you didn't know who you were."

"I did know who I was." Tia sighed and looked at her phone and saw it was 8:00 am. "I was just confused on how...this is all real."

China rolled her eyes. "Whatever, But then when you were looking out the window you fell asleep."

Tia blinked. "I fell asleep at the window?"

"Yeah, you tumbled down onto the floor and went to sleep. I had to put your heavy ass in your bed. Do you know how heavy you are?"

"No—"

"Very....heavy. You really need to lay off of those lemon squares for real girl."

"Well I'm sorry ok?" Tia touched her forehead. "This is all new to me."

"Oh no!!" China tied her shoes and stood up. "Did you forget your memory again? Uh!!" China walked towards her mounted mirror and checked herself out.

"No, China." Tia shook her head, trying to understand and process what was going on. This couldn't be real but it was and now she was stuck feeling like Jason Bourne from the Bourne Trilogy. Tia glanced at China and began to remember who she truly was. "China, are you going to your first class? I need you to come with me." She asked.

"Robotics Education 101..yes." China rubbed her chin and smiled. "Buut, I will miss it just for you."

"Good because---wait robotics 101?" Tia shifted to her pink bag and pulled out her school schedule. She immediately noticed that the classes were different from the first time she received the paper after her acceptance letter. The schedule didn't have history, english, calculus, or Spanish but basic astronomy, science, engineering, and astrobiology. "What type of bull--"

A knock on the door stopped Tia from starting a cursing rant and tantrum as China let out a squill and clapped her hands. China shifted to the door and opened it to reveal HJ standing in the doorway wearing the same uniform as China, but with a blue collar shirt and silver pants. He had blue flip-flops on instead actual shoes and some of his toe nails were cracked and black.

"Your feet are disgusting." Tia pointed out.

HJ looked down and grinned. "Just my nails....my feet smell like strawberries in the fall."

"Strawberries don't grow in the fall, idiot, and how are you in the girls' dormitory?"

"TIA!!!" China's eyes were widened with hostility. "You never correct a hot boy." She muttered.

HJ smiled to reveal his bright white teeth. "So parking lot girl, you owe me a coffee date."

Tia rolled her eyes and balled her schedule. "I have a name!!" She threw the paper at HJ as he grabbed it and unfold.

"Cool!!" He chuckled. "What a coincidence, we have astronomy together."

"Uh!!!" Tia slid her shoes from under her bed and began to put them on. She glanced out the window and heard the sounds of waves hitting the sand for the first time. "What? The school shouldn't be next to a beach....its suppose to be next to grassland." Tia got up, grabbed her phone, and grabbed China's wrist.