Episode 7: Mercury Fighter Part II

Ava, Darren's girlfriend, held a large briefcase in her hands as she stood behind the Bluford Library on the campus. The library was named after the first African-American astronaut, Guion Bluford, who was an officer in the U.S. Air Force before becoming an astronaut.

Ava sighed and looked down at her watch wondering what was taking her partner so long to get here. If she wasn't back in ten minutes, Darren and HJ would start looking for her and she didn't want them to didn't want them to get involve with this stuff especially with the organization her company is partners with.

"Waiting for me?" A voice came from behind.

Ava quickly turned around and saw a masked figure in a black trench coat standing next to a car. He walked away from the car and stood in front of Ava. The masked figure was much taller than Ava and little buff like he was a bodybuilder. Ava sighed. "Yes, what took you so long?"

"Are you in a hurry?" He asked.

"Yes. Now, if we can please get down to business." Ava placed the passcode into the reader and slowly opened the case. Ava could see the man smile bigly behind the mask. He extended his arm and reached for the mysterious object. Ava closed the case before he could even grab it. "First, what you promised me."

The masked man sighed and opened his trench coat. "I wonder what your boss would say if he found out you were doing this." The man pulled out a fat white envelop and gave it to Ava. "Now..."

Ava gulped and slowly gave the briefcase to the man. "That device...we never tested it. It will have dangerous cautions and effects so be careful."

"Don't worry, we found the perfect subject to test it on---"

Ava opened the envelop and expected to a stack of one hundred bucks, but instead saw a stack of white sheets of paper. "What the--"

The man laughed as metaphors came from behind cars and grabbed Ava.

"HELP---" A metaphor placed its hand over Ava's mouth.

The masked figure began to laugh in a deprave way. He placed the briefcase down and reached into his trench coat pocket. He took out a round object and showed it to Ava. It was two objects that resembled fusion cores that attached together. Instead of having a gold or silver outline like the other ones, the two cores had a purple metallic outline with a black gemstone inside. In the middle of the gemstone, was a symbol that stood for the dwarf planet Ceres and on the other core was a symbol of a bug. The masked figure turned the connected cores in opposite directions and the cores lit up.

Ceres! Bug!

Cores Activated!

DANGER! DANGER!

Cosmic Ready!

Evil space music began to play as purple aura surrounded the masked figure and soon covered his body. The aura slowly transformed him into a monstrous alien that looked familiar. The alien extended his arms and the aura disappeared to reveal Kroekan. Kroekan exhaled slowly and stretched his body. He removed the remaining parts of the trench coat off of his body and then cracked his neck. He began to laugh slowly and stared at Ava.

"Did you really think we were gonna let you go?" Kroekan laughed and began moving towards Ava. "Don't think so." The alien punched her in the stomach which sent her into an unconscious state. "You're still useful to us."

Kroekan picked her up and placed her on his shoulder. He snapped his fingers and the metaphors disappeared. "OH QUERRO!!" Kroekan yelled.

A tube arose from the ground and formed around Kroekan. It slowly descended into the ground until the alien and Ava were gone.