Episode 6: Mercury Fighter Part I

Querro stood in the darkness of the room and stared at the frightening container that had green liquid in it. It was making its way to the top as the tubes on Querro's head flashed white. He tightened his grip on his staff and looked deeply at the green liquid overflowing the container and splashing onto the stone ground.

"Ahh!!!" Querro groaned as he touched his forehead and his mind began to play a flashback of the alien's first kill.

The scene took place in a familiar lab as a pale boy in a white coat touched his stomach as blood soaked into his favorite green shirt. He stared at the figure in front of him with widen eyes of shock. He grabbed the table and tried to stand on his two feet, but the figure pushed him down to the ground. A flash of light appeared and the figure transformed into Querro as he held his staff in one hand and a bloody knife in the other.

The boy laid dead in the puddle of his blood as the flashback ends.

Querro yelled as he switched his staff to his other hand and stroke the same tube, that held Amir, and the hollow cylinder shattered into pieces. The alien leaned against the wall as sweat began to come down his face.

"AH, what's with that noise?" Kroekan stood on the stairs and began to notice how messy the room was. "And what's with all this mess? Are you on drugs again?" Kroekan playfully asked.

"Leave me alone, Kroekan." Querro moved away from the wall and towards the mess. He picked up a piece of the tube and looked at his reflection. "I hate this..."

Kroekan chuckled and slid down the railing. "You're the one who chose the seahorse."

"I didn't choose anything. You all forced it into my hands." Querro tightened his grip on the glass. "We were in the moment and touched things we shouldn't have touched." Querro dropped the piece of glass.

"Don't be so dramatic, we can still change into our human forms." Kroekan stated.

"Yes but knowing something evil...something inhuman is living inside of you is a curse." Querro said.

Kroekan chuckled. "Ah, that was an amazing moment when we all found that meteor..." Kroekan glanced at the small stage. "But lets not think about the past." Kroekan rubbed his hands. "Have you called her yet?"

Querro sighed as the green liquid stopped. "Yes, she's bringing her boyfriend as well."

"Excellent!! Once we get our hands on that device--" Kroekan crouched down and looked at the body that was in the container. The body was anonymous with green liquid hiding the face. "We'll hit two birds with one stone."

____________

The House Mercury cottage served as the Mercury members' clubhouse and was filled with everything an athletic fan would have in their bedroom. From trophies, awards, and team posters to empty beer cans, basketballs, footballs, and a baseball bat. It wasn't as messy as Tia thought it would be and to her surprise, the cottage was pretty cozy and the blue furniture was nice. It was Friday, eight days after the attack on the campus, and Tia was off for the day THANK GOD. She had a three day weekend and she rightfully deserved for stopping the alien and freeing Amir from the monstrous form, but there were still things to do like help China with the search for Greg, figuring out what the hell happened to Amir, and try out those weird fusion cores.

But HJ needed to come first for today. He needed her for some reason and HJ accepted the help. Tia sat on the couch and placed her feet on the glass table. It felt good to be in her own clothes: A pink shirt and white ripped jeans with pink and white converse sneakers. When Tia closed her eyes for a split second, visions of the other reality went past her mind over and over again like they were trying to tell her something. Tia opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling. Imprinted in the ceiling was the silver-glossing symbol of Mercury.