Chapter 3- Don't worry, you guys were training!

-Ann

"What did you do to her? How badly is she hurt,? What happened? Did she break anything? " I demanded,without letting Rory answer. I started to shout

"You're an idiot Rory. Stop standing there and take her to the nurse now. " Rory only nodded before he carried Alexis up the stairs to the nurses office.

Everyone started to move, some of the women went up to the nurses office to help Mrs Kate with Alexis and some of the women went on to clean up the breakfast dishes and food. Most of the men went to find Rory and investigated what happened. The other men went to the Alpha's study to tell him what had happened to his daughter. I ran as fast as I could up the stairs, one of the steps had mud from Rory's shoes which caused me to slip in my rush. As I slipped on a couple of steps I managed to catch the railing. Once I was up the stairs I had to pass 22 rooms before I got to the nurses office. The mansion was large there were four sections to the mansion, the North wing, the South wing, the East wing and the West wing. The North and south wing had twenty-two rooms including the kitchen and nurse's office, the East wing holds the gym and twenty-two rooms, the West wing holds the meeting room and the study and another twenty-two rooms. The whole house held seventy-three rooms and sixty-eight of the rooms had their own bathrooms. There were thirty females, twenty-four males and 17 children. There were more females than males because the males were extremely territorial which can be a very bad thing in a pack. Once I entered the nurses office I noticed it was large and had a bed in the corner of the room that was occupied by Alexis. On the other side of the room was a desk and three chairs. On the wall nearest the desk was a book shelf stacked with books and books about medicine. One of the book titles was 'All you need to know about medicine to give to werewolves for dummies' . What the hell, I thought there isn't really a book about werewolves. We actually like to refer to ourselves as shifters, seeing as we can shift whenever we want to. We are able to start to shift at age five and onward. Some wolves don't make it though there first shift. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the elderly lady in front of me until she touched my arm. Then I looked up to see the friendly, pale, green eyes that I had seen so much and had so much experience that you can see a little hardness to them.

"Ann honey, will you be a dear and tell the Alpha that his daughter will be all right, " she said in a calm but reassuring voice. I nodded and said in a soft voice

"Okay Mrs. Kate." I turned on my heels and made my way to the West wing where the study is.

As I made my way to the study, I thought about how I talked to Rory. I might have been a little harsh. I stopped at the front door of the study and knocked once and waited. Igor Whitley the beta opened the door and let me in. As I entered, I heard the last of the conversation the Alpha was having with Rory.

"It was not your fault you guys were just training Rory. I'm sure Alexis won't be angry with you. So stop beating yourself up. " Rory nodded with respect,

"Yes, Alpha, as you wish. " Peter looked at me then.

"Ann. what can I do for you? " I came closer then said,

"Alpha, Mrs. Kate has asked me to inform you that Alexis is okay. " I was surprised to find my voice firm and confident.

"Thank you Ann for informing me of that. Where are you going now. " His electric blue eyes looking at me right in the eye. I couldn't pull my eyes away from his; It was like I was glued to the spot. It was like my body wasn't responding to my brain. I growl quietly in frustration. Anton has his electric blue eyes while Alexis has her mother's dark chocolate eyes that have specks of green and yellow that seemed to sparkle all the time.

"Um, I'm going back to the nurses office. If you don't mind me asking — why? " I asked as my voice quivered a little.

"Because I want you to tell Mrs. Kate that I will be there in twenty minutes."

His eyes piercing mine challenging me to go further on the matter.

"Okay Alpha, as you wish. " I bowed ever so slightly, then turned on my heels once again and made my way back again to the nurses office. As I walked in not bothering to knock, the first thing I saw was Alexis still unconscious, her mouth slightly opened with dribble moving down her chin. I can't wait to tell Alexis her face will be priceless. I told Mrs Kate the Alpha's message, and she nodded in acknowledgment. On my way out my tummy started to rumble with hunger. I went down stairs into the kitchen and was greeted with a tired smile and lovely brown eyes of Alexis's mum.

"Hello Ann would you like me to make you a snack"

"Yes, please Veka, that will be wonderful." I sigh exhausted.