Chapter 28- Taboo

"Finally" I yawned as we walked out of plane. I don't how long we spent on the plane; I really can't sit in one position long enough but hell it was interesting. While Ann spent her time reading the healers book and Lucas typing on his laptop like a lunatic trying to trying to figure out Transylvania's culture and other things. I spent my my time watching new movies on that small Tv thing on the back of the seats until the really good looking pilots son gave me his number causing Damien who was siting the opposite side of me to tense up and start growling and grabbing my hand in a way to show who i belonged to. I had pulled my hand away and told him to take a hike. He sat in in a tight position acting like a guy with ticks who refused to scratch them. Jerking in even direction. Funny I know.

"Lucas remind me to fire that pilot and his son" Damien growled at Lucas when we finally landed and stepped out of the plain.

"Hey thats not fair. What did they do" I exclaimed.

"He tried to take whats mine" Damien snarled at saying those words.

"What is that your barbie doll" I mocked

"No he tried to take something more beautiful" Damien stared at me straight in the eye. I felt my heart start to melt like an unwrapped chocolate bunny on a hot day. Making me forget our disagreement. Someone clearing their throat interrupted our little stare contest. What a buzz kill.

"Maybe you guys should get a room" Ann snickered

"I wouldn't mind that" Damien smirked. I cough, choking on his embarrassing words.

"Sorry to ruin the moment but we should really start moving'' Lucas mumbled before turning and leaving us in his dust.

"Lucas wait" Ann shouted.We all stared to run after the unusually fast old man. We ran through the airport all the way to a car with our bags in the back. LUcas hoped in and we followed in after him.

"Where are we going now" Damien asks

"To our cabin" Lucas smirks. I lift and eyebrow at his smirk. Is old man planing something. Everyone stayed quiet threw out the ride until the car stopped abruptly making us fall forward slightly. A gruff foreign voice said something to Lucas.

"Whats happening" I ask Lucas.

"There is a market and we can't go any further" Lucas sighed and hoped out of the car. We all get out and Damien and Ann go to the back of the car to go get the few bags we have. Lucas went to the front of the car to got get directions to the motel from the chaffer. Lucas signaled us to follow him though the market and damn was it crowded. Which was surprising to see so many people in a small town like this. People where shopping for fruit and veg while children ran around and made there mothers chase after them with scowls on their faces.

"One rule while where here" Lucas said as he came close to us.

"Which is" I ask

"Nobody talk about the Hoia-Baciu forest with locals" Lucas said

"Why can't we talk about the Hoia-Baciu forest" Ann said a little to loud. Children stopped playing, sale keepers stop talking to locals. The elder women and men gasped and the adults just stared at Ann.

"Was it something I said" Ann said dumbfound.

"No shit sherlock" I said sarcastically. As Lucas pulled us in a ally between to wooden houses.

"Its a taboo to talk or even mention Hoia-baciu forest" Lucas said

"Why" Damien asked confused

"The locals think the forest if haunted. Who ever goes in there comes back traumatized. Locals say that in the full moon they see ghosts. Sometime in the middle of the night the forest has red glow to it" Lucas explain.

"You want us to go in a ghost infested forest" Ann laughed like a crazy cat lady would while pointing her finger between Damien, herself and I.

"More or Less" Lucas nodded

"Are you a delusional old man" Ann shouted while try to strangle the poor guy. Damien restrained her from injuring Lucas and herself but she struggled like possessed elephant.

"ANN!!" I grabbed her shoulders

"Calm down" But she kept struggling. Scratching and even trying to bite Damien to get free so I slapped her across the face. She stopped struggling and turned her glare at me.

"What the hell Alexis" Ann snarled with pure anger

"You really need to calm your shits down dude" I demanded leaking my Alpha voice into the demand. Ann took a deep breath calming herself down. Damien let her go.

"Where to now" She asked Lucas

"Our Cabin" Lucas grinned

The cabin was small with one bath room and two bunk beds in in the living room with an attached makeshift kitchen. Lucas choose this small cabin because it is closest house near the forest. The cabin had an awesomely creepy view of the forest. The forest was huge and really creepy. Like that creepy when you get a strange shiver up your spine or like when you think someone is staring at you but know body is or when you think someone said your name but really nobody is there. Well the forest was that type of creepy. I sat here on the bed think tonights the night that i might die or live but ether way i tried to save my pack, my family, my friends... Even the Universe. Okay, okay maybe not the Universe but still a lot of people.

"Alexis come here" Lucas called me to the counter in the makeshift kitchen. Where Ann and Damien surrounded a map.

"Whats up" I ask

"Im just giving a quick summary of the plan tonight" Lucas answered. I nod.

" Alright. First you have to get to the fringe of the forest. When the time strikes twelve pm Horatiu will make his presence known. He will put you on a timer on which will have to find the flower if not you forfeit your lives before the time runs out. Once you've get the flower open the door which is protected by Amar Detinator, then get past Vâlva Albe and Vâlva Negre to get the Emerald crystal. Then get out of the doors and you will end up back in the fringe of the forest simple" Lucas explain like talking about the weather in london

"Were going to dye! Were going to dye!" Ann and I started sing and dance around the kitchen