Chapter 27- New Moon

Something lapped affectionately at my cheek. Making me giggle. A rough tongue tickled my cheek. My brown eyes snapped open to stare at large blue wolf eyes. I sat up slowly staring at the wolfs eyes the whole time.

"Hi" I mumbled at the wolf. The wolf gave me gentle push to stand up. I slowly stood up while staring at the wolf. The wolf wasn't paying any attention to me but something behind me. The stupidly, curious me turned around to see nothing. I turn back to the wolf to find the Goddess happy face. I gave her a small smile.

"Hello child we have only five minutes" The Goddess said in a overly excited voice.

"When do we need to go to the Hoia-Baciu Forest" I said straightforward.

"When the sky starts a new cycle" The Goddess sighed

"Riddles...Riddle how I despise them" I sighed thinking. What has a cycle in the sky? The Sun, the Earth, the stars, The MOON! The MOON!

"The New Moon" I whispered to myself.

"My dear. Less then five minutes and you already have it" The Goddess clapped her white hands.

"The New Moon but why" I ask confused

"Stop asking questions and go with the flow my Dear" The Goddess scold at me.

"Do you know we have to face scary monsters that want to gut us, skin us then sell us in black market for five euros each" I pointed out to her. My voice causal like we were discussing the weather.

"Alexis dear stop exaggerating they are quit nice when you get to know them" The Goddess brushed me off.

"Jace said the same thing about his pet gecko but it wasn't very nice after it tried to bite my finger off" I huffed. The goddess chuckled loudly.

"We don't have much time dear. I have to give you this knife" The goddess went all serious on my butt again. She pulled out the wrapped knife from her dress belt. She gently passed it to me. I unwrapped the knife and felt tingles of pure goodness come from it.

"Stab it in the heart of the evil one once! Never use it on was anyone but the evil one and use it when you are great danger only" The goddess warned. Her voice strong with authority. I nodded in agreement. I don't even know what the hell she is talking about.

"I have to go now child our time is up" The goddess gave me a suffocating hug and turned away. She turned back.

"Oh and one more thing. Let the flower lead you to it! Don't force your own way" she said before disappearing .

I gasped as I woke up. I looked at the clock 9:00 am. Wonderful everyone is awake. I jumped up and ran to the library. In the library Damien, Lucas and Ann sat around the table staring at each other. Damien stared at Ann while playing with his lip ring, while Ann stared at Lucas while drumming her fingers against the table, while Lucas stared Damien as if Damien had a large boil on his head and he was trying to solve why it was so disgusting.

"Did someone die" I asked the strange people I call friends. Ann jumped out of her skin like someone poked a boiling hot thumb tack up her ass.

"OH MY GOD ALEXIS WHY DID HAVE TO SCARE ME LIKE THAT? YOU COULD OF GAVE LUCAS A HEART ATTACK, HE IS AN OLD MAN" Ann screamed. Im sure people from Australia across the world in a nice sunny day eating some sausages on a barbecue heard Ann (Thats how loud she is).

"Excuse me" Lucas frowned while Damien muffled a chuckled.

"What poor poor creature died up your ass this morning" I joked.

"Your mum" Ann retorted

"Your mum jokes are you seriously" I raised my eyebrow at her. She gave me a sheepish look.

"Anyway I know when we have to go to the oh so creepy forest where we are met likely going to be eaten alive" I cheered loudly.

"When" Lucas and Damien said in sync making my smile bigger.

"The next New Moon"

"Thats on friday" Ann mumbled in shock.

"Yep facing blood thirsty monster in three days" I laughed.

"Yay Im going to die; do the happy dance!!! do the happy dance!!" I stared doing my oh so wonderful break dancing around Ann.

"Oh the joy" Ann muttered.