Chapter 4

A BRIGHT smile plastered on his face, even though his left cheek hurts because of the punch he received awhile ago, he couldn't help but smile at this day.

For him, the punch was a lucky charm. After he recovered lately from the hard hit, he instantly ran toward the company who had called him yesterday. The good news was, the company hired him as an employee and he will start his job tomorrow.

The next day, he sat on his own swivel chair in his office. Today was his first time experiencing a real work, that made the smile on his face continue to plaster on it.

Though, all the paperwork had been thrown onto him, it was okay for him instead of sitting inside his house and wait for a miracle.

"You're new here, right?"

He stopped typing on the computer when a warm voice asked him. His eyes shifted up and saw a raven-haired woman stood beside him.

A grin made its way on his lips. "Yeah. Just got hired yesterday," he said, offering his hand for a shake. "I'm Bradley Evans."

She beamed brightly then took his hand. "Nice to meet you, Brad. It's Cara Wilson." She removed her hand and scanned his face. Her eyes widened in shock when she noticed a bruise on his cheek. "Oh my God! What happened to you?"

His hand touched his face and smiled in a meek way. "Oh, uh. I got it from my brother. You know? Some personal things that I shouldn't tell to anyone," he said, making him slap himself in his imagination because of the lie.

She bobbled her head then chuckled because of what he had said. "Brother fight, huh? Don't worry, I understood."

Relief rushed in him when she took the lie.

After the long work, he grabbed his things and was about to stand up when suddenly, Cara came in view.

"Brad, are you free tomorrow?" she asked, smiling at him in a friendly way.

Returning back the warm smile, he nodded. "Sure. Tell me your address and I'll pick you up tomorrow."

That made her shake her head. "Oh, you don't have to do that. That will be a bothersome to you," she said as her hands made its way on his shoulder, patting it so lightly.

He chuckled under his breath. "No, I insist." He suddenly remembered someone, making him stop talking. For sure, Maddie wouldn't like it if he ever goes out with another woman.

The thought made him contemplate whether he will come or not. But, doesn't he deserve to be free for once? He's already old enough, and he really should go out with anyone he likes without Maddie's permission.

Even though he promised to her that he wouldn't hang out with other women he prefers, he already decided to choose what he wanted.

"I'm free tomorrow. Gonna pick you up when my shift ends," he said in a confident tone.

She removed her hand from his shoulder then rolled up her sleeves. "Okay." She looked down on her watch and glanced up at him. "We should go to our own houses. It's getting late."

He nodded. "Sure. Let me walk you home," he said, walking toward the door.

She shrugged and grinned. "Guess I don't have any other choice then." She placed the strands of her hair behind her ear.

That night, after Cara went in her house, Brad walked alone in the dark alley. His house was a bit far from hers, but he didn't complain. He had been walking as far as this before because he didn't have a car due to lack of job, so he didn't bother to think about being tired of it.

His feet stopped on functioning when he noticed someone standing up underneath the lamppost.

The man was wearing the same dark hoodie as Kyle's. A shiver ran down his spine when he remembered how insane he was.

He decided to ignore him and started to walk past him. His pace fastened when he felt Kyle chasing him, until it became a sprint.

Wherever he got the guts to run that fast, he didn't know either. Maybe because of the thumping of his heart and the adrenaline rush.

He's not a track and field champion back in highschool, but he was now. But to his mistake and curiosity, he turned his head to look behind and saw Kyle still chasing him, that made him trip down the ground because of the rock he didn't notice.

He was about to stand up, when an unbearable pain intensified on his foot. His attention shifted on Kyle who was now towering in front of him.

"What the hell do you want from me again, Kyle?!" He hissed at the pain he felt at that moment.

The guy only chuckled darkly, crouching down to his level. "You think, I'm an idiot, huh? I saw you with someone else," he said, shaking his head in disapproval. "You're stabbing my sister on her back. Do you even know what she is doing right in this moment?"

He breathed heavily as he remained silent. Kyle only punched his aching foot that made him scream in pure agony.

"My sister is now visiting a psychiatrist! I don't want my sister to be fooled by those fake bastards!" he yelled, grabbing his collar in a violent way. "She isn't a sick, damn psycho! But you pushed her to visit a doctor!"

The pain he felt on his foot cried in agony, and it's so hard to focus on what he was saying.

"And now, after the sacrifices she is doing, I will find out that you're betraying her with a co-worker?" he asked in a monotone.

He balled his fist because of his accusation. "I'm not betraying your sister! And besides, I can do whatever I want without you and your so-called normal sister's permission!"

The guy froze when he spat those words, making him loosen his tight grip on his collar. He slowly stood up and turned away from him.

"Choose wisely, Brad," he said in a most petrifying and cold way. "I will tell Maddie about what you are doing, so she will finally stop visiting a damn psychiatrist and chase you again. Good luck." With that, he started striding away from him.

His breathing didn't stop on being so quick, and the tears he didn't expect were now pouring down on his cheeks.

He was crying, not because he was scared, but because he felt as if his life only depends on the hands of monsters. Those evil creatures who is now ruling his own life, like he was a lifeless puppet.

He found himself screaming in the middle of the dark alley. This time it's not because of the unbearable pain on his foot, but because of the desperation to escape the misery consuming him.

To be continued...

Author's Note: hey they lovelies! Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Feel free to vote and comment if you prefer.

Truly yours,
creepy_stalker199