Chapter 10

In a meanwhile, a girl peeked behind a large tree as she examined the scene in front of her eyes.

She saw Bradley with a woman she wasn't yet familiar, making her hands curl into fists.

When she finally got home, she met her brother standing on his usual spot: Workshop.

He stopped on sharpening the tools when he spotted her with river of tears, that made him run toward her and grabbed her shoulders examining her face.

"What happened, Maddie? Is it about Brad again?" he asked, bringing her hair behind her ears to clear her face.

She gawked at the set of knives on the workbench. "I think, he will never love me back like I do." She walked pass him then stood in front of the table full of equipments.

Tracing a butcher knife using her gentle touch, she started yelping so loud. Kyle strode onward and tried to look for any damage she caused again. A straight line wound was carved on her finger, bleeding nonstop.

Not in a second he took big steps toward the medicine kit. When he approached her, he started to put alcohol and any sort of a thing just to stop it from bleeding.

"Does it hurt? Tell me," he muttered while putting a band-aid onto her wound.

She sniffed while shaking her head. "I don't care about my own self, Kyle. I don't care if I'm hurt physically." She brought her palm on her chest and patted it. "This hurts. I don't like this kind of feeling. Please . . . cure me," she pleaded as tears spilled out of her tired eyes.

He stopped and looked upon her eyes, having a sudden pinch of sadness in his heart. Seeing his own little sister crying because of a man made his world crush into pieces.

He placed his palm on her cheek, stroking it in a gentle way. "I won't let anyone hurt you again. I swear."

"Please, help me, Kyle! Why are you doing this to me?!" a ten year old Maddie questioned as the men wearing white uniforms continued to drag her out of their house.

He couldn't help but cry at the scene. She continued to yelp and kick everywhere as the tears of desperation emitted out of her eyes.

They stopped on dragging her inside of a truck when he demanded them to. He caressed his sister's hair, staring at her depressed feature. "This is for your own good, Maddie," he said then turned to the two men. "Please, bring her."

They nodded and opened the door, forcing her to hop in. She continued to scream in a high pitched voice as they locked the door with bars in the windows. She brought her handcuffed hands on it and looked at him with pleading eyes.

One week had passed, and he decided to visit her in a Mental Institution. Carrying a bag of clothes and confidence, he strode inside of it.

"How's your day here, Maddie?" he asked while staring at the girl, who was sitting in front of her with handcuffs on her petite wrists.

The dark circles under her eyes became markable as she pointed her pupils onto his.

She raised her wrists and shook it in his view. "Should I answer yes I'm good in here?" She placed it down and looked away. "You betrayed me, Kyle. Do you even know what they did to me this week? Huh?"

He let out a heavy breath, trying to grab her hand but she dodged it away. "Tell me," he murmured.

As she turned her eyes at him, the tears in her lower eyelids warned not to fall. A light sob escaped out of her lips, making the liquid substance fell down on her tomato–ish cheeks.

"They're harassing me. I–I can't even fight for myself." She sniffed and shook her head repeatedly. "If I don't obey, they'll going to beat me up and let me eat spoiled foods. They aren't treating their patients right, including me," she whispered in her little voice.

He felt sympathy just by staring at her state. All she had said was really unexpected, that made him ball his hands into fists.

He inclined forward, eyeing her depressed eyes while seething because of the boiling sensation he felt inside his heart.

"Who did it? Tell me their fucking names."

He had already sworn to their deceased parents that he would take the responsibility as her older brother; that he would take care and fight for her no matter what happens.

Ever since they had passed away, he never left her side and would always protect her from the outside world. But, after he noticed that she was acting so weird, and found a piece of paper from their mother that his sister had a disorder called Schizophrenia since birth, he was forced to surrender her to the Mental Institution.

Now that he discovered what they are doing to his precious sister, he won't allow anyone to hurt her again, even if it was in physical or emotional.

There was a dark aura surrounding his whole form while reminiscing the bitter truth. That was the main reason why he loathed those doctors for years.

He wiped her cheeks that was soaked in tears. "Don't you worry, I'll do anything to make you happy."

To be continued...

Author's Note: Hope you liked the chapter. Te amo!😘

Truly yours,
creepy_stalker199