Chapter 6

THROUGH bad and good events in his life had been spent together with Cara. The people who had haunted him in his nightmares had never appeared in front of him, which he considered a good sign.

Well, that's what he thought. Little did he know that a pair of eyes had been looking at them while they sat inside the coffee shop

Brad felt it, as if he was being watched. But he only shrugged it off and continued to have a small talk with her. He learned that she was an excellent student back in college all because of her mother's support. A pinch of jealousy came in his mind because he had never felt care from his parents before. His parents would always pressure him at school, that he have to get higher grades for a better future, which he did when he was in college.

"Your parents loved you then. They just didn't know how to show it in a more actual way," Cara said while sipping her coffee.

He shrugged and looked out the glass wall. It was raining outside and people walk with their colorful umbrellas. "I don't know. After they died, I became alone and don't know if I could do anything I want."

He stiffened when he felt her rubbing his hand from the table that caused him to turn his eyes at her. A warm smile was plastered on her lips making him stare at her.

"You're not alone," she muttered as her hand made its way on her chest, gesturing herself. "Because I'm here."

His eyes widened when she said that to him. No one, as in no one had ever said that to him until now. Cara was somehow, a different one who had ever came in his life.

"My mother had died last year, Bradley. But I learnt my lesson, that always stand and believe on what you're capable of." She chuckled and sighed as she reminisced her past. "Don't let others make your life miserable. That's my mother's last sentence before she died."

Her words kept on ringing inside his head until now. He can't sleep because of the mix emotions he had felt when he was with her. Sure, Cara's special now in him but he can't take it seriously. There's still other people who would never be happy if they ever saw that he finally found his happiness.

He let out a big sigh and turned the lamp off as darkness ate the whole room.

"Hey Brad! Wait!"

He stopped on his tracks when a high pitched voice went in his eardrums. When he turned around, he saw Julia, another co-worker.

"Yes?" he asked, looking at her as she strode onward.

From her looks, he could already judge the woman based on how she dressed. She was wearing a really fitted business attire with undone buttons on the top that made her cleavage pop out. Basically, she was not his taste.

"You forgot something!" her voice was a bit loud like she was very excited at everything.

Suddenly, Cara came in view making his eyes widened. She walked toward them and what shocked him the most was when she hugged her like they were best friends.

Cara pulled away then they stared at him.

"Your friend here doesn't even know my daughter's birthday party, Cara! That hurts!" she whined as she held Cara's arm.

He scratched his nape in embarrassment. "Uh... I'm not informed. Sorry."

She slapped his arm in a playful way then laughed. "C'mon! That was just a joke. But, you should come to my daughter's birthday and drag Cara there with you," she said.

When she left, he started walking down the road with Cara beside him. "I never thought she has a child."

A chuckle escaped her mouth. "At first, I thought about it too. But she was a good single mom," she muttered as they walk in a slow pace.

He turned to her with a raised brow. "Single mom?"

She nodded. "Yes. Her boyfriend dumped her after they found out that she was pregnant," she said sighing heavily. "That must be really tough for her. Raising a child in an early age without anyone beside you is really hard."

The walk became silent as he stared at the road.

"When is her daughter's birthday?"

As days passed by, the three of them became close to each other. Julia was a good friend and was really a helping hand when he was down.

That day, while he was eating his breakfast, he received a call from Julia then answered it.

"Hi Braddie! Jessie here wanted to see you today. Is that fine to you?" she asked through the phone.

He put the fork down and thought about Jessie, Julia's little kid. "Sure. No problem."

"THANKS for visiting my daughter tonight. You're such a great friend," Julia whispered as they both glanced at the kid's sleeping form on the bed.

He chuckled lightly. "No worries. Jessie is like a little sister to me." He turned to his watch and saw the time. "I guess, I should get home."

She beamed and led him out of the child's bedroom. "Sure. Just be careful on your way home," she reminded as her eyes shifted through the window. "It's so dark outside. Don't you have a car?"

He shook his head as they walked towards the main door. "I'm planning on buying that one. But thanks at your concern," he said.

She opened the door and giggled. "You're always welcome."

Afterward, he gave her a nod and strode out of the house.

To be continued...

Author's Note: Hey there babies! Hope you liked the chapter I made.

Vote and comment if you want. :)

Truly yours,
creepy_stalker199