Chapter 11

AFTER he pushed the doorbell, it suddenly opened and Cara stood in front of him, only to make him gape at the view.

The blood–ish fitted dress made her white complexion turn bright. Her once straight raven hair, was now curled gently sitting on her shoulder blades. The way she looks could be a good definition of 'vibrant beauty'.

"D–Do I look like a clown in this red matte lipstick? Or a cheap hooker?" she asked while smiling nervously at him.

He shook his head and chuckled so light. "No way! Actually, you're such a beauty. I couldn't stop on looking at you."

She let out a giggle, like she was just being complimented by a boy in their teenage years. "Thank you, Brad," she said.

When they arrived at the said place, they both sat on their respective seats and chose their orders.

"Wait, why aren't you wearing your eyeglasses?" He raised his brow as the waiter grabbed their orders and walked away.

She beamed, showing her teeth. "Well, I'm wearing contacts. And if you're going to ask who did my make-up, it was me," she said in a gentle tone.

He slowly nodded, not avoiding his gaze off of her. "I never thought, you were good at make-ups."

The date goes well as they finished eating and talking about anything. After the long ride home, she parked her car in her parking lot and stayed for a moment.

"Brad uh, I know this is a silly question. But, do I really looked okay?" she asked, not removing her hands on the steering wheel.

He turned his eyes at her and bobbled his head as a yes. "I told you so many times, Cara. You're beautiful with or without any make-up on." He chuckled in a playful way. "Why? Do you really like it whenever you are receiving compliments from me?"

What he had said made her raise her brow and stared at him like she hadn't heard what he had exactly said. "What? Excuse me? Are you saying that, I am really ugly that's why I'm very thirsty when it comes to compliments?" she asked, a bit loud this time.

He gaped and brushed his face using his palm, trying to grab her hand but she avoided him. "Look, I was just joking. I'm so—"

"Save it! It finally came out of your mouth that whatever I do to myself, I will always look ugly," she said while tears started to build up in her eyes. "I thought, you were any different. Guess I was very wrong. My impressions to you was a mere joke."

He removed his seatbelt and leaned to her a bit, grabbing her face to make her look at her straight.

"Don't you ever say that, Cara. What I'm saying here was, I loved you because of your attitude, not your physical attributes," he convinced.

She only threw him a glare and pushed him off of her. "Get out of my car, Brad."

When he didn't move, she pointed the door. "I said, get out of my car!" she repeated but it was loud than before.

He let out a big sigh and nodded, looking at his lap. He opened the door and hopped out, not looking at her car.

He began to step away from her house as she remained inside of the car. A tear escaped out of his eye while walking down the dark alley. There wasn't any single soul on his surrounding, but he didn't bother to have any sort of nervousness.

ONE week had passed by, and he decided to apologize on what he did. He knew, that what he had said to her was very wrong that's why he didn't sleep for days just by thinking about her.

Today, he fixed his collar and stood firmly in front of the door. His finger made its way on the doorbell, then pushed it twice. After about ten rings, he heard footsteps from the inside that made him get ready.