chapter vii.

NEGAN RUSHED back to me and saw all the blood. He ripped the sleeve of his shirt and tied it around my shoulder.

I felt myself slipping from my own body as my arm continued to bleed through Negan's shirt. I look up at him and his eyes glowed with worry.

"Dwight!" He yelled, guns still going off, ringing in my ears. Dwight rushed over, kneeling down next to me. "Dwight, I need you to get her back to the Sanctuary, as fast as you fucking can Dwight."

Negan pulled out his gun and shot down a few of the other people before looking back at me. I could barely keep my eyes open, but enough to see the concern in his.

"You're gonna make it, sweetheart. I promise." He said, before running off and taking on the group.

Dwight carried me to one of the trucks as a few of Negan's men held off the people attacking and jumped in. He immediately started the ignition, screeching out of the parking lot.

My eyes fluttered as I tried to keep them open. Sweat was leaking into my eyes and my breathing became short and shallow.

"y/n, stay awake for me. Stay awake, okay? Can you do that?" Dwight asked, keeping his eyes on the road, but grabbing my hand. I tried to nod my head, but it hurt to move.

I looked down at my shoulder, seeing the tourniquet Negan had made with his shirt. The white cotton was now stained deep, deep red as my wound bled profusely. I looked up at the ceiling of the truck, and for once, prayed.

I knew there could be no God in a world like this, but I prayed anyway I didn't want to die; I couldn't die. Not with the secret I was keeping.

NEGAN

I fought harder than I ever thought I could. I killed anyone that stood between me and my trucks, knowing that I had to get back to the Sanctuary as soon as possible.

As I shot down five of the attackers, the leader called off her group and they scattered. I ran to one of the trucks, starting the engine and flying out onto the road.

I watched in the rearview mirror as my men followed me back to the Sanctuary. It seemed like hours went by when it had really only taken me forty minutes to get there.

Dwight's truck was already parked, the doors still hanging open and I looked inside, noticing the seat was soaked in y/n's blood. I bolted to Doctor Carson's room, swinging the door open and seeing y/n unconscious on the table.

"Is she−" I started, but Carson interrupted.

"She's still alive, Negan. Dwight got her here just in time," He said, hooking up some tubes to her arm. "Now, she's lost a lot of blood and I'm testing her blood type right now."

I listened to Carson as he talked, but never looked away from y/n, lying there unconscious and bleeding out.

"Well, as it seems, y/n's blood type is AB positive, so she can receive anyone's blood−"

"I'll do it," I said, taking off my jacket and lifting my sleeve. Doctor Carson hesitated before sticking the needle in my arm to extract the blood. "How long will this take?" I asked, staring at y/n, watching her chest rise and fall.