chapter x.

NEGAN STEPPED out of the truck as we arrived to the Sanctuary, holding the door open for me as I climbed out. He grabbed Lucille and slammed the door shut, walking around to the back of the truck to reach Eugene.

"Negan-"

"Go to your room, sweetheart. I need to have a little chat with Eugene here." Negan ordered, not even glancing my way.

"Let him go, he only made the bullet because of Rosita. He wasn't the one that pulled the trigger." I tried to explain, but Negan wasn't having it. He turned to me and gripped Lucille tightly.

"I don't give a shit if he didn't pull the trigger, it was his bullet that almost killed me." His eyes lost their softness and his jaw clenched as he stared down at me.

He turned back around, and I grabbed his arm, not fully done with the conversation. Negan got defensive and shoved my hand off, sending me to the ground, my left arm erupting with pain. He looked at me and I saw a flicker of regret before he spoke.

"Simon, show her to her room. Lock her in." He ordered and Simon picked me up off the ground, dragging me by my right arm to the Sanctuary.

Simon threw open my door and pushed me into the room, he looked at me with sad eyes before closing the door and locking it. I ran to the door and banged on it with my fists, starting to cry as I sank to the floor.

How can I care for this man when he locks me away and refuses to listen to me? What was it worth if he didn't feel the same?

~

Simon came by my room and unlocked the door, opening it and informing me it was time to eat breakfast.

I rose from my bed and pulled on my boots before following him to the mess hall. The line of people getting food was long, and my stomach growled loudly, as it had been for the past hour.

"I'm so hungry," I said, clutching my swollen stomach and Simon continued to walk, but towards the front of the line. "Why are you going to the front?"

"Negan's orders. From now on, you start at the front of the line and get whatever the hell you want, no points needed." Simon explained, pushing himself into the line and letting me in front of him.

I grabbed a plate and loaded it with almost everything I saw, but also being mindful of the people around me. I reached the end of the line and Simon told me to go ahead, informing the lady of Negan's orders.

I went to find a seat, noticing Negan was nowhere to be seen, so I sat at an empty table and Simon joined me. I dug into the food, chowing down like I hadn't seen food for days. It was difficult eating with only one hand, but it was manageable.

Simon had finished his plate, waiting patiently for me to finish my own as he had to take me to see doctor Carson. Once I cleaned off my plate and wiped my mouth, Simon escorted me to Carson's office for a check up on my arm.

I walked into his office, immediately greeted with a smiling doctor Carson.

"Well, hello, just take a seat and I'll be right with you." He said, leaving the room. I took a seat on the green table, wondering where Negan was and why he wasn't here to hear the news on my arm or the baby.