Chapter 9

Astrid's P.O.V.

So, we went to Forever 21. I can see that Rapunzel's got an outfit. She found a floral sweater that says LOVE and a $15 peach smock dress. Elsa chose a $22 white crochet dress with a black sweater that says MONSTER. Merida picked a pair of neo-grunge skinny jeans and a black top that said GANGSTA OF LOVE. Only Tooth, Anna, and I were left. Rapunzel helped Anna, while Tooth and Elsa shopped together. I shopped with Merida.

"Hey, this is cute!", Merida said.

"Yeah, it is.", I told her. It was a $10 tribal pair of leggings. I placed it in my basket. I also found a gray boxy shirt. We took more time on accessories, but time was spent wisely, because of Merida.

"Thanks Merida!", I hugged her.

"No problem.", she told.

We went to the FroYo shop. We took pretty long. So, Merida sat down beside me. Merida was a pretty girl. She was sweet, friendly, smart, perfect for any guy. I was quite envious of her. Seriously, she's a Princess, I'm a Guardian. She's one of the prettiest high school girls, I'm one of the dorks. If I wasn't a Guardian, she'd probably be Hiccup's girlfriend. Seriously. I can tell she likes him. If I wasn't a Guardian..... Hmm... Why was I a Guardian?

<= Flashback (2 years ago)

It was the first day of 8th grade.

"Hey Hiccup!", I screeched. I wished I could say that. I had a big crush on him back at kindergarten. 

"Huh?", I heard.

"Who said my name?", Hiccup said.

"It was Astrid!", Ruffnut said.

"Thanks a lot Ruffnut!", I was sarcastic.

"Oh. Hey Astrid!", Hiccup told me.

"Hi.", I replied.

"Can I sit beside you? All the seats seem occupied.", he pleaded. Nah, I'm just kiddin'.

"Sure.", I allowed him.

"Hey Thorston!", Hiccup screamed. The twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut glared.

"Oh come on, which one?!", Ruffnut was quite angry. Hiccup would always play that trick.

The teacher came in, so we behaved.

"I'm Ms. Leticia Finley. Call me Ms. Tish.", we didn't listen. So Hiccup talked to me,

"Hey Astrid, remember kindergarten?", he asked.

"Uh-huh!", I said.

"I had a big crush on you.", he admitted.

"To be honest, I had a big crush on you too that time.", I admitted too.

"Wow! We were mutual.", he said.

"Okay, students. I would like you guys to create a poster about what makes you smile. I will assign you each with partners.", Ms. Tish said.

"You two.", she pointed to Hiccup and I.

Rrrrringgggg!!!!, the bell rang. It was dismissal.

"That's your homework now kids. It is due tomorrow.", Ms. Tish told.

"Class dismissed."

So we had a weird conversation. He asked for my number and invited me to his house.

"So, yeah!", he said.

"Okay?!?", I said.

"Here, drink this!", he offered a drink.