Chapter 8

"Maximoff, get up. Alex is missing."

Alex regretfully opened her eyes. She didn't remember falling asleep last night but it must have happened as Pietro was pressed against her, arm thrown over her side.

Natasha banged on the door again, "Maximoff, come on."

"I'm...in here." She didn't say it loud enough and had to try again, practically shouting over Natasha's knocking, "Calm yourself, I'm here!"

"Alex?"

She groaned to herself, calling back in a hopefully gentle voice, "Morning, Mama."

"Can I come in?"

Alex looked down at the bandage across her chest, "I wouldn't recommend it."

There was a long pause, disappointment radiating through the door, "Is Pietro in there with you?"

There would be hell to pay if Steve found out about Alex sleeping in Pietro's room. She began prodding the boy next to her and replied,

"If I say no, will it make this easier?"

"Pietro, come out," Natasha called as Pietro finally stirred and muttered,

"I'm bi."

"Just go out," Alex ceased her poking, "Wait really?"

"You missed a lot."

The door suddenly flew open. Alex screeched, rolling Pietro off the bed as she yanked the duvet over her.

"Avete fatto sesso?" Natasha asked, face straight, but there was some hint of humour in her voice.

"No, no." Alex quickly denied. Pietro was still on the floor, grinning up at Natasha.

"Si." He replied.

"No!" Alex screeched, "he's joking, we didn't."

"Puttana." Natasha remarked, "You worried us. You have a test patrol with Sam too, come get breakfast before you go."

"Was that today?"

Natasha nodded and left. Alex tried to do the same, but when she tried to get off the bed, Pietro was there and offering his arm out for her to take. She accepted, somewhat gratefully as her chest still hurt.

"How are you?" Pietro's arm was around her back, supporting her but also making Alex feel weak at the simple contact of his arm against her bare skin.

"I think the only time I've been better was when you and Ultron kidnapped me."

"I'm sorry. Are you really feeling that bad?"

Alex shook her head, "It'll pass. Sam's always good to see and I doubt much will happen on patrol today...oh fuck." She had realised too late what patrol meant.

"What?"

"Can you help me put on my supersuit?"

"If you're that desperate for me to see you without clothes, you can just offer."

"Ass."

"I do have a nice one, glad you noticed."

<<>>

"Dearest Sam, how I've missed you... and your advice."

"Is this about Pietro?"

"So Natasha caught you up on this morning, good to know. Is there any concept of privacy in this tower?"

"Not for you," Sam grinned, fiddling with his pack, "I thought you were smarter than to like Pietro."