Chapter 11

When Pietro's phone dinged, he was almost embarrassed with how quickly he ran to pick it up. Alex and Natasha had left early that morning but messages from Alex had been sparse even when they'd arrived in London.

 Alex and Natasha had left early that morning but messages from Alex had been sparse even when they'd arrived in London

Pietro didn't even reply before Alex had sent another message. The breath caught in Pietro's throat at the picture.

It was slightly blurry, as were most pictures Alex took as she could never hold the camera still. Alex was moving in the picture, probably bouncing up and down on the bed from the angle of the camera. She was in a sleeveless green dress that barely reached her knees, so tight on her Pietro couldn't tell how she'd managed to get into it. The neckline— or lack of one— caught Pietro's attention the most. It plunged down, showing off her light brown skin down to her navel.

Alex kept spamming messages, asking why he wasn't replying and Pietro accidentally yelped as his phone began ringing with a call.

He answered.

"So you are there, you were just ignoring me. Honestly man, this is why no one likes you."

Alex's voice rang through the speaker, something Pietro was thankful for as it gave him a few seconds to force his eyes to look anywhere but at Alex's face pressed close to the camera,

"It took me forty minutes to achieve, and that's not even counting my hair, so I better get some compliments." The camera moved, dropping to focus on Alex's chest before she fixed it, "That was a hint to compliment me, by the way."

Pietro cleared his throat, "You look...good."

It should be illegal for Alex to pout, Pietro decided, as her wine-red lips contort themselves. A strand of hair fell into her face and Pietro ached to push it back, cup her cheek, kiss her senseless.

"Only look good? I look fucking phenomenal, thank you very much."

"You do. I'm sorry, I can't think with you looking like that," He admitted, rubbing his hand against his head like it would quell his fantasies and he missed Alex's smile slipping briefly into something softer, "You look incredible, London won't know what's hit 'em."

"Thank you, darling." She had set him down in front of the mirror and Pietro smiled as she danced away, "I almost threw up earlier. I love English food, the black pudding was delicious but then I saw someone eating baked beans on bread. It looked disgusting!"

"Is she on about the beans again?" A door had opened and Natasha stepped in, looking almost as stunning as Alex in a short red sequin dress, "Alex, please, get over that."

"Who takes the two most disgusting things in the world, puts them together and is like 'yes, this makes sense'. Fucking heathens."

"I'm going to buy you a deep-fried Mars bar when we get to Scotland."

"I mean that at least sounds edible."

"You are disgusting," Pietro said.

"I'm Italian and Taiwanese. There is no one more qualified to judge food than me."