Chapter 6

Yesenia’s POV

"Hello?!" I sleepily say into my phone but I receive no answer. While I have the phone to my ear it starts to go off again. It startles me and I pull it back to see who is calling when I see that it's just the alarm going off. 

I groan getting out of bed. I really wanted to keep sleeping, I haven't had a good night's sleep in a while and last night I slept like a baby.

After doing my morning routine I head downstairs and see my mom coming out of her room. Without looking directly at her I quickly mumble a "morning mom" when I stop in my tracks and turn around slowly towards my mom. Without hiding the surprise in my voice and face I ask her "mom what are you doing here?!"

She looks up at me confused before answering. " uh...I Live Here."

I Playfully Rolled My Eyes And ran Up To Her And Gave Her A Hug. "I Know That, Im Just Surprised That You're Not At Work Yet."

"Oh Honey, Im Sorry For Neglecting You And Focusing More On The Business Than On What Truly matters."

"Which Is??" I Ask Confusedly

"Well, You Silly!!"

"I've Missed You Mom!!" I Tell Her With My Head Nuzzled In Her Shoulder.

"Oh Sweetie I Have Missed You Too. Everything Is Going To Change I Will Be Around Here More!!" She Chokes out.

Now Let Me Give You A Brief History Of How It Used To Be With My Parents Before The Company Hit Its Rough Patch. When the company was doing good, I would always wake up to the delicious smell of my moms cooking, we would have light conversation filled with laughter and much love while we ate. For dinner it was the same, my mom would have prepared our meal we would finish eating and then we would transfer to the living room and watch a movie. I miss those days. My mom and I were really close she was like my best friend. When the company's finances started struggling and she began to work longer hours and slowly detach herself from everything that wasn't related to the business, mainly me it hurt. At the beginning I was mostly sad and thinking that I did something wrong but thanks to my best friends I slowly started to accept that it had nothing to do with me and they were just being workaholics. So after a couple of months I started to not care but still missed my mom alot.

Back to this morning, after eating breakfast with my mom and chatting like we used to it was time for me to leave before I got to school late. I told my mom to have a good day while heading out.

It's a beautiful morning so I decided to walk to school since its just a 10 minute walk. Once I got there I started looking for my friends, once I spotted them I started making my way towards them. Before I reach where they are I harshly bump into someone and drop all my books. "Oh gosh I'm so sor...." I trail off when I see who I bumped into " Karen " I said through gritted teeth.

"Well If it isn't miss goody two shoes!" She spit out. Meet Karen Millen, She Is My Archenemy. She moved here when we were in seventh grade, We Were Really Close. Janice Was Always skeptical of her but I thought she was exaggerating. Jacob didn't really care since "she was hot" his words. And Clarisse always kept her distance I didn't know why until at the end of 8th grade Karen showed her true colors to me since I found her one day bullying Clarisse. When I confronted her about it she told me that she hated me and that the only reason why she hung out with me was because she wanted to be loved like I was. Which I never figured out what she meant, I guessed It Was That She Wanted Popularity But Who Knows What Goes Through Her Crazy Mind.

I Opened My Mouth To Respond But Somebody Beat Me To It "Well If It Isn't Miss Class A whore!" I Turned Around To See Janice had responded From Behind Me.