Chapter 8

Yesenia’s POV

"Ben there is something I have to tell you." I tell him while he is holding me in his arms after a very passionate first kiss.

" what is it yesi? " He asks huskily.

"I have a terminal disease and I only have 4 months to live." I rush out before I change my mind and not tell him anything.

Ben releases me and looks at me incredulously and once he sees the sincerity in my eyes he opens his mouth to speak and before he says anything a loud crashing noise is heard.

I wake up startled due to the sound, its sunny outside so I doubt it could be a burglar but as crazy as people are you never know. I turn to my bedside table and grab my phone to check the time. I light the screen and it shows that it's already noon and I have a text message. I must have been really exhausted to wake up this late I open the new text message and it's from Ben letting me know he will be here at seven tonight to pick me up. I am extremely nervous about tonight I don't know how Ben will react and my dream left me even more on edge. I hear another crashing sound followed by yelling i can't quite make out what is being said or who is yelling due to my door being closed all I make out are muffled sounds. I quickly throw the covers off my legs and get up to open the door, I really have to use the toilet and I most likely have dragons breath but who cares my curiosity is eating me up.

Haven't you heard curiosity killed the cat???

Well I guess it's a good thing I'm not a cat then. I smartly snap at my inner self while opening my bedroom door. Once I hear it's my mom yelling at my dad i get worried since I have never heard them arguing. Once I hear what my mom is reproaching about to my dad it makes me want to have listened to my inner self and not let curiosity overtake me because it feels like a bucket of ice cold water has been thrown on me.

"Who is it huh?? Who is the slut that you have been in bed with whom you have been giving our money to?? AND DONT YOU DARE DENY IT BECAUSE I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL MAKE YOURS AND THEIR LIFE A LIVING HELL!!"

"I can't do this right now I'm going for a walk!!" My dad tells my mom trying to not yell it out to her.

"DONT WALK AWAY YOU COWARD FACE ME AND TELL ME WHO SHE IS!! I HATE YOU FOR DOING THIS TO ME!!". I hear the front door slam. "I hate you!" My mom says it almost in a whisper between sobs and kneeling on the floor resting her forehead on the door.

"Mom?!" I make my way towards her. When she turns towards me, I freeze and take in her appearance. Her hair looks like if she would have been running her fingers through it many times, her eyes are a little swollen and bloodshot red, her nose is red and puffy, and her cheeks are tear stained and continous tears keep following. Just looking at her breaks my heart and my eyes fill up with tears i close the distance between us and wrap my arms around her and move my hand up and down her back in a soothing manner to stop her sobs.

" shhh it's ok mom, everything is going to be ok. " I tell her with tears running down my face kneeling with her on the floor.

"I'm so so sorry baby I have neglected you to take care of a business that in the end is worth nothing. We don't even have enough money to pay for a treatment for you. I have wasted all these years not taking advantage of the time I had with you and now its too late!" She says in between sobs.

"Mom you did what you had to do in order to provide for us."

" But at what cost baby your dad and I worked so hard on the company only for him to give the money to his mistress and bastard child and left us with nothing only bankrupt!" My mom spat angrily. "I can't believe I never saw the signs of his behavior!" She said more to herself than to me.