Chapter 7

Yesenia’s POV

The following days went by so fast it seemed like it was just in a blink of an eye that they rolled by. Same routine every day school, homework, and talk on the phone to Ben. All I could think about was Ben, how was he going to react if i told him about my disease. I kept weighing the pros and the cons of telling him. I was brought out of my reverie when I heard a honk from behind me while I was still locking my house door. It was my friends. What are they doing here? We always meet at school.

"I know that face....damn it Yesi you forgot didn't you?" Jacob asked chuckling.

What is he talking about? "Whaaattt....of course I didn't forget i just came out to get a little fresh air while waiting for you guys." I said shuffling on my feet.

"Riiighttt! Alright let's go, Six Flags will be opening soon."

Oh shoot, I was so distracted in thinking what I was going to do with Ben that I completely forgot that today was Friday and my friends and I decided we were going to start crossing items from the bucket list today.

After about 45 minutes of singing at the top of our lungs we finally arrived. Let me tell you for being a Friday school day morning it was packed.

I guess you guys aren't the only geniuses that decide to skip school and go to a theme park.

My subconscious is such a smart ass sometimes. Anyways today I'm going to have fun i am going to cross out at least two items on my bucket list, skip school and ride a rollercoaster. And throughout the day I will not think about anything else other than having a great hangout day with my friends.

The day has gone pretty good it's already 3 in the afternoon and we have gotten on all the kiddie rollercoasters, my friends are trying to transition me from the small ones so I won't have a heart attack when I get in the big ones because they don't want to get in just any one. Nope they want to get on the biggest and fastest one. We are in the line for mr freeze, it is freaking cold in this cue line, I am literally shaking and it's not just because I'm cold it's also because I'm so scared. It's finally our turn to get on.

"Hon are you ok you look like you're about to pass out?" Janice asked me while we're waiting for everybody to get fastened in their seats.

" I'm so scared! " I replied honestly.

"It's Ok don't stress, it will be over before you know it." with that said the ride started. I literally screamed for like what felt like 5 seconds.

"That's it?!" I asked amazed of how fast it was.

"Told ya it was a quickie!" Janice winked at me and I couldn't stop my laughter from surfacing due to her innuendo.

The rest of the day went great we got on all of the rollercoasters. I was still scared but if I endured the Mr freeze ride the rest were like the kiddie rides. We ate turkey legs, funnel cakes, and pretty much everything they had on the menus.

We didn't leave until they pretty much closed. My friends dropped me off at  home and I quietly entered and went to my room to get ready for bed. Today exceeded my expectations, I had so much fun but now I need my rest i am so exhausted. Tomorrow is my date with Ben, I can't wait to see him but at the same time I'm dreading the moment that I tell him everything. I'm still not sure if I'll tell him on our date or not. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.