Chapter 1

"Sarah! Wait up!" I call out to my best friend, Sarah, as she runs across a small stone bridge. "Come on (Y/n)! The Goblin King is up ahead! We have to defeat him!" Call out Sarah as she holds her dress up, not allowing it to get a single smudge of dirt on it. As Sarah takes a right turn to a healthy green grass patch, she drops her dress and gets into character. Not like she wasn't before or anything.

"Give me the child" Demand Sarah in a soft tone.

I reach up to Sarah, slightly out of breath because of how unfit I am, and walk silently around her. Taking a seat on the grass in front of a bench, allowing me to lean my back against it since Sarah's and my dog has taken it for themselves. Merlin and (dogs/name) had become best friends from the amount of time they've spend together, seeing how Sarah and I will always come to the park on weekends. Dragging them along with us.

"Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here. To the castle beyond the goblin city" Sarah rehearse. Walking slowing forward, as if she is confronting the Goblin King himself.

I watch as her white dress flows down and moves along with her. I watch as her head piece that sits on top of her dark brown hair, decorate with flowers, matches her dress perfectly. Making her look like a princess.

"To take back the child that you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great."

I hear thunder in the distances and look up at the grey skies. 'It looks like it's going to rain soon' I thought to myself and look back at Sarah, who is also looking up at the sky. With a soft smile on my face, I think back to Sarah's 16 birthday which was earlier in the year. That's when I gave her that dress. When I saw it at the shops, I knew instantly that she would love it and it seems like I was right.

"Oh, I can never remember that line! (Y/N)!" Calls out Sarah, frustrated. Looks like she forgot the line again. 'Every time'. With an eye roll, I say the line without even opening the red cover book that I hold in my hands. I've memorize the one line because of how many times Sarah has ask for it.

"'You have no power over me'"

"You have no power over me" Sarah repeats after me. Getting straight back into her game. I never minded how Sarah play games or imagine crazy things. If anything, I always admire her for it. Finding her creativity and imagination remarkable. Besides, I'll sometimes join and play with her.

"Woof!"

I jump as (d/n) and Merlin bark simultaneous. "Oh Merlin!" whines Sarah. If there's one thing I know about Sarah, it's how she hates it when someone interrupts her game.

"Come one Sarah, it's one line! How can you not remember it?" I ask with a chuckle as I stand up. "It's just hard to remember." Sarah huff out. "But you practically know the book word by word! And It's only one sentences!" I point out. "Oh! It's just hard, okay?" Sarah complains childishly as she lightly pushes me away. I laugh at her childish antics, which cause a small smile to grow on her face.

"Woof!" (D/n) bark and I turn around to look at her/him. I then hear a ding and look over at the clock towel. (Eyes/colour) eyes widen in shock as I read the time.

"Oh no! Sarah it's 7 o'clock! I have to go home or else I'm dead!" I cry out dramatically as I quickly grab her hand and rush over to the stone bridge. Sarah eye's widen as well. Realising that If I'm late to babysitting my little brother, there'll be a chance of me being grounded.

"Come on Merlin! (D/n)! Come one!" Sarah frantically calls out to our dogs as she grabs her dress, showing off her jeans underneath and running beside me. We run together in the rain, towards our homes with our dogs following behind. Unaware that a pair of unique eyes are watching us run away.

As we run as fast as our legs could carry us towards our own house through a short cut we took. We let go of each other hands and quickly saying our goodbyes. As I run over to my house, I can see my step mother is waiting for me. Dress in a fancy pink shirt, a white skirt and in additionally; wearing a white pearl necklace around her neck. 'Looks like she's going out..again'

"Sorry I'm late!" I apologise guilty and quickly go up the steps with (d/n) following me. "Get inside! Hurry!" Demand Shelley. "Come on, (d/n)" I motion for (d/g) to come inside, to escape the cold rain. Only for Shelley to block my path.

"Not the dog!" Shelley state as she points down at (d/n). I look at her, as if she was mad. "But it's raining!" I try to reason but Shelley still disapprove. "Go on! Into the garage!" Shelley order (d/n), completely ignoring my remark. I look at her in disgust but order (d/n) to go into the garage. I watch in pain as (d/n) whines and walks away.

I push pass Shelley and walk into the house. Unaware that I'm holding Sarah's book to my chest.

" (Y/n), you're an hour late!" Shelley scolds me as she closes the door.

"I know! And I'm sorry!" I reply annoy and make my way up the stairs.

"Please, let me finish. Your father and I go out very rarely" comment Shelley. I turn around to face Shelley, standing on the first step, with a shock face that reads 'you're kidding me, right?'. "You go out every weekend!" I yell out.

"And I ask you to baby-sit only if it won't interfere with your plans." continue Shelley. My look then turns into offend. "You didn't even ask if I had any plans!" I cry out.

"I assume you'd tell me if you had any" reason Shelley.

"You knew damn straight that I was with Sarah at the park today!" I cry out. I had past the point of trying to reason with Shelley. I do try to reason things out first, though, if things do go south I will fight back. Physically or verbally. Though, I do hope it's only verbally.

"Sarah is a bad influence! She's got her head in the clouds, (y/n)! And besides, you should be going on dates!" Yell out Shelley. I could not believe what I am hearing. I storm up the stairs, walking pass my dad, to my room.

"How dare you say that about Sarah! She is my best friend!" I yell out. Once I enter my bedroom, I slam the door shut in anger. 'How dare she say that about Sarah! I knew her since we were kids! She's my first and only friend! Ugh, who does Shelley think she is? Waltzing her way in here and trying to take control of my life!' I think to myself as rage flow through my veins.

"Ugh!" I groan out as I fall onto my bed. Clenching Sarah's book against my chest, protectively. I take deep breaths to calm myself down as I look around my room. Looking at the two posters that hang on my walls. One has wolves on it while the other one is an image of Mermaids- sorry, Sirens.

With a chuckle I remember my 16 birthday, which was last year, when Sarah gave me that poster and explaining that it's Sirens. Not Mermaids. She explained it in such detail, that if it was an assignment for school. I'm positive she would have gotten an A.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Can I talk to you?" my dad ask. I groan out of annoyance. "There's nothing to talk about!" I cry out. Not in the mood to deal with my parents, at all. I hear a sigh outside of my door just before my father spoke "We've fed Toby and put him to bed. We'll be back around midnight."

"Great, have fun!" I call out sarcastically.

I soon notice that my parents have left the house. I think to myself as I let out a tired sigh.

'Man, what a day. I wonder what I'm going to do tonight? Hopefully nothing stressful.'

--------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello lovely readers. I've always like the movie 'The Labyrinth' and thought;" Why not write a fanfic about it?!". So, here I am writing a fanfic about it which involves you having Sarah's home life! I do hope you enjoy it and a quick warning; beware of the swear words.

Happy reading!

*Disclaimer, I do not own any of the images that appear in this book. Credits to rightful owners. *