Chapter 19

A/n: All gifs are from giphy

You run up the stairs and enter a room. You gasp at the sight, for this room reminds you of the famous image called 'Relativity' by M. C. Escher, in where  stairs going in all directions. 'Of course this wouldn't be easy'  You swallow as you go to the stairs on your right. Walking along while searching for Toby, you wonder where Jareth could be. After all, this would be the equivalent to a boss fight you face at the end of a game. Yet the boss wasn't here.

How strange.

Stopping, you walk close to the edge of a path to see how far the stairs goes. Only to make eye contact with Jareth. You gasp in surprise at how Jareth is denying gravity. 'Well, that answer my question.' You thought.

"How you've turned my world, you precious thing" Jareth sang as he walks off to another stair case. Now appearing to walk on the side of the wall. Taken aback, you stare at Jareth in amazed. 'Wait...he's sing?'.

"You starve and near exhaust me". Jareth continue.

'When shit, he has a great voice.' You thought as you stare in the distance where you last saw Jareth. Wondering where he went. You jump and spin around to see Jareth walking towards you.

"Everything i've done, I've done for you" Jareth sings as he walks through you. You pat your chest in shock. Because, oh shit, someone just walk through you. You get over that fact and turn around in time for Jareth to turn around and face you.

"I move the stars for no one!" Jareth point at you, with pain in his eyes. He soon turn away from you and jump off the edge he was standing near.

You look around, wondering where he went

You look around, wondering where he went. You walk back to the stair case behind you, until you can hear Jareth's footsteps and singing.

"You ran so long, you ran so far!" Jareth sing as you lean over the edge to see him walking along the path. You follow along until Jareth appears at the end of the path. Walking towards you. You walk back, trying to keep room between you two. "Your eyes can be so cruel," Jareth sings as he keeps eye contact with you. Jareth stop a bit before you and holds up the crystal ball that you need for your treasure hunt. "Just as i can be so cruel".

With that, Jareth throws away the ball. Just as you reach out for it. You watch the ball bounce confusingly around the room. Going up and down the stairs case. "Though i believe in you" Jareth sings as you watch the crystal ball bounce up the steps of a flight of stairs and eventually being caught in Toby's small hands.

"Toby" you cry out, finally finding him. You give Jareth one last glance as you turn away to go to Toby who is high above you. You climb up a stairs to see Toby crawling up another stairs on the side. "Yes, I do" Jareth sings as he watches from the sideline. Watching you desperately trying to get to Toby only to end up being farer away.

"Live without your sunlight," Jareth continue singing but you ignore it. Focus on getting Toby. You see Toby high up, so you walk up the steps only to see Toby crawling down on the other side of the room. " I love without your heartbeat,".