Chapter 3

I did a double take and wait to see if Toby will make any noise. "Toby?" I call out as I walk back into my parent's room as flashes of lightening illuminate the room. "Toby?" I call out again as I enter the dark room. I reach over to turn the lights on but it seems like they are broken.

'Great. This doesn't remind me of a horror movie at all... Oh God, I'm probably going to die.'

Looking around the room, I can see the creepy rocking horse that we own for some reason move. Creep out, I hesitantly walk towards Toby's cot as I see him move underneath the blankets. I decide to check and see if that is Toby and not some doll that will kill me later.

With a deep breath, I reach out and pull the blanket back. Only to be greet with nothing.

'Fuck, I lost the baby!'

"T-toby?!" I stuttered. Terrified for Toby's sake and my own. Because I knew my parents will kill me if I lost Toby. Thunder echoes in the room as lighting shows me that Today is indeed, missing and that I'm not hallucinating any of this.

An owl flew against the against the window, making me jump. (H/c) hair whips out of my view as I slowly back away from the window. I then sense something else is in the room. Looking around the room in a panic statue, absolutely scares shitless, I think of how my fate will end.

'Oh my God, I'm going to die by an owl that is seeking revenge for whatever deed I have done- Wait isn't that the owl from the park? Oh shit, it's going to kill me for going to the park and probably stepping on its family grave. I'm sorry owl!'

Breathing short shallow breaths, I fight back frantic tears that threaten to mark my face. I keep looking around the room, hearing things move and laughter. Until the windows opens and cold winds blow into the room. Making the curtains dance everywhere.

I turn to face the window, bring my arms up in front of my face to protect me as the owl flew in. Letting a small yep slip pass my lips in fright. I hear a chuckle and look up to see a tall figure standing before me, titling their head to the side. I slowly bring my arms down while trying to breath regularly. I look at the figure with a scared look on my face while mysterious man smirk down at me.

'Fuck, I'm going to die by a stranger and his glitter'

"W-who are you?" I stutter in fright. The man before me takes a step forward as his smirk grew lager. Obviously finding amusement in my frighten state.

"I am the Goblin King, Jareth" He answer me.

My (e/c) widens as I realise that Sarah's book is real and that I just gave my brother away. Fuck.

"Y-you took my brother away, didn't you?" I ask. Only for Jareth to nod at me. Before he could say anything else, I cut him off saying;" I'll like my brother back! Please?"

Jareth only frowns at me and takes another step forwards. Making me flinch. I mean, he is a handsome thin tall blond with two unique eyes but he came out of nowhere with glitter! Of course, I'll be scared! Nonetheless, I must be brave and get toby back! He is my brother after all. Also, if I don't my parents will kill me.

"What is said is said, (Y/n). No turning back." Said Jareth as his black cap flows along with him.

'Shit, he knows my name. I'm dead. Okay, no time for that (y/n). Show him whose boss'

"I-I didn't mean it!" Nice one (y/n), you stutter. And now you look like a scary cat. "You see, this is a whole misunderstanding!" I try to reason.

"A misunderstanding, you say?" Mock Jareth, as his frown disappear.

"Please, tell me where he is?" I plea as I take a step forward. Showing that I'm not afraid of him.

"You know very well where he is" Jareth said as he also takes a step forward.

"Please, I need him back" I plea to Jareth as a single tear goes down my cheek. 'Crap. I'm getting emotional. I just wanted to read in my bedroom!'

"(Y/n)" Jareth said as he steps closer, standing right in front of me, "Go back to your room. Go read your books and forget about the baby" Jareth brings a glove hand to my cheek. Wiping the single tear away with his thumb. I stare into his eyes, seeing clearly how his pupils are different sizes.

I quickly look away, knowing that if I stare into his beautiful eyes for too long I will get lost. 'Wait, did I really just think that? Gosh, this feels like some soap drama shit'. "I can't" I say quietly. I feel Jareth's hand move away as he takes a step back.

"I've brought you a gift" I hear Jareth say and I look up. Seeing him hold a transparent ball. "What is it?" I ask in confusion, staring at the ball. Jareth then proceed to move his hand and do tricks with the ball as he answers.

"It's a crystal, nothing more. But If you turn it this way and look into it, it will show you your dream." 'I'm sure that if you look into it now, Jareth, it will show you how I don't want to die by my parents' "But, this isn't a gift for an ordinary person who takes care of a screaming baby. Do you want it?" Jareth ask me.

I look at the ball, it's beautiful but I know that I have to get my brother back. I look into Jareth's eyes and answer;" I appreciate what you're offering but I can't take it. I'm sorry but I need my brother back".

Jareth holds the ball in his right hand and look at me in disappointment. "(y/n), Don't defy me." Just like that, Jareth made the ball into a purple snake and throw it at me. "Ah!" I yell as I grab onto the snake, so that I can throw it, only to find it turn into a harmless scarf. I drop the scarf as I hear laughter in the background.

"You're no match for me" Jareth state. I look back at Jareth and plea once more; " Please, I need to get my brother back!". Jareth walks to the side and points outside. "He's there in my castle." I look outside to see a castle surround by a maze of sorts and during this, I realise that I'm no longer at home. But instead I'm , presumably, at Jareth's kingdom.  "Do you still want to look for him?" Ask Jareth.

I take a deep breath and answer him as wind blows in my face, pushing my (h/c) hair back. "Yes, I do." I can hear Jareth walk behind me. "(Y/n). Turn back while you still can." Jareth warn. I turn towards him, with determination in my (e/c) eyes.

"I can't and I won't." Jareth seems surprise by my answer but quickly recollect himself. "What a pity" Reply Jareth. "You have 13 hours in which to solve the Labyrinth. Before your baby brother become one of us...Forever" Jareth warms me as a big gold and brown elegant clock appears beside him. It appears normal, until I notice it goes up to 13 and not 12. I look over at the Labyrinth.

"Alright, 13 hours. I can do this... Besides, it doesn't seem that far" I mumble to myself.

"It's further than you think" I hear Jareth whisper in my ear. I gasp in shock and jump away. In the process, I see Jareth standing a short distance away from me, with a smirk on his face. 'He was behind me?!' I think to myself in shock as how I didn't hear him that time.

I watch as Jareth walks backwards to stand next to the clock, with a triumph smirk on his face. As Jareth fades away, leaving me alone, he says something that sent chills down my spine.

"Good luck, (Y/n), You'll need it"