Chapter 12

A/n: THE AMOUNT OF TIME HOGGLE CHANGE TO GOGGLE IS TOO MUCH AND OOO, I HATE THIS SO MUCH

--------

Hoggle ran

He turned and left Y/n alone.

The shock on their face crushed him but the fear he felt pushed him to move.

So, he did.

Hoggle walks towards a clearway, having no particular designation in mind. Too focus on the thought of Y/n. Focusing on the thought of finally, after so long he finally has a friend again. But on the same day, he betrays that friend. Hoggle isn't so sure he has a friend anymore.

Hoggle already had his moment of trying to justify his actions. As he tried to shift the blame onto someone else so the guilt will dull down. But it didn't work. Not this time. So now Hoggle walks aimlessly. The guilt storm rage in his head. He regret his choice, intensely. So he wonders if he can go back and help Y/n.

But what if they don't want to see him?

That one thought that is currently holding Hoggle back.

They do need the help and obviously deserve it. Despite putting themselves in this position, Y/n has been nothing but kind. Especially to Hoggle. They even defended him against Jareth. Jareth! No one dreams of standing up to him, even for themselves! So forget about defending others. But Y/n didn't even hesitated to correct Jareth when mispronouncing his name. This only fuels Hoggle's guilt. The one person that stood up for him and he ran away from them.

Hoggle stops walking and turns towards the way he came from. Still debating on going back. A faint scream emanate from the forest, a horrible fearful scream that sounds painful familiar. Hoggle frozen, blue eyes widen in realisation. It is was Y/n.

Hoggle swallow his fear. No more, it's Hoggle's time to help Y/n. To help his friend. "I'm coming Y/n!" Hoggle cry out determinedly. Ready to charge into the nearby forest and find Y/n. Unfortunately, someone stops him.

"Well, if it isn't you. Lost our companion now, have we?" Ask the one and only, Jareth. As he appears suddenly, thanks to his magic, and is leading agasint a rock while simultaneously blocking the way out for Hoggle.

Hoggle backs away from Jareth. Intimidate by Jareth whose wearing his armour and looking strangely calm. "Uh, well. I-i mange to give the little one the slips in the hedge maze. Th-They should still be there." Hoggle stumble over this words, trying to lie convincingly like Y/n did before. But Jareth watch in amusement at how poorly Hoggle is lying.

"I see." Jareth begins as he push away from the rock and walks over to the edge of the clearway and happens to be on the opposite side of Hoggle. " For one moment, I thought you were running to help them. But, oh, not after my warnings. That would be stupid." Jareth comment, hinting that he knew Hoggle's real intentions. As Jareth made it to his destination, he turns towards Hoggle. Who quickly cuts him off.

"You bet it would! Me? Help them? After your warnings? Hahaha" Hoggle weakly lie as he move his hands to match his words again. Hoggle had kept glancing towards the exit as Jareth walked to where he is now. He slowly inched his way to it so he could make a get away and find Y/n to help them. But as Hoggle laughs, he turns his body away from Jareth with his head facing down to the ground but the moment he looks up, he's face to face with Jareth.