Chapter 10.2

"NO! you're on your own" Betrayal, a hurtful emotion appear itself in my mind. 'He left me... after everything? Did he no mean when he say friend or that I could beat Jareth?' Self-doubt, hopeless and betray fill up my mind. Not focus on anything but the words Hoggle said. "Hoggle LOOKS AFTER HIMSELF, LIKE EVERYONE in the Labyrinth." Does that mean Hoggle didn't care about me and just lie to me?

I snap myself out of my thoughts once I felt the soldier who was holding me, placing me gently on a chair. It was one of those thrown chairs you see in English movies about the queen. Expect, it didn't look plush and fancy. For it was cover in vines. With flowers decorating the head of the chair and along the arm rest. I look away from the chair and see the soldiers are stand on either side of my chair. '

No! Hoggle sounded hurt saying that! Maybe he was just scared and didn't know what to do! After all he did say he was a coward...I can't dwell on Hoggle right now, I need to figure a way out of here!' I thought to myself, trying to push the negative thoughts away. 'Can't waste anymore time! I need to get Toby!' With a new find determination, I stand up from the chair. Only for the soldiers to block me with their weapons.

"Halt! We can not allow you to leave! For risk of your safety! Please remain in the thrown" call out the first soldier. "Ugh, why can't you let me go! This is ridiculous!" I cry out in frustration and sit back down. "Sorry, civilian, but we are only following orders", apologise the second soldier. My interest peck by the comment. "Orders? By who?" I ask, hoping to God it's not who I'm think of.

"Orders by The Goblin king, Jareth"

'Of fucking course', I face palm at the response. 'He really is making my life a living hell'. "What were his orders, exactly?" I ask curiously. "To keep you safe and seated here till the time has run out." Answer the second soldier. 'Of course, those were his orders! How am I meant to get out of here?! It's not like I could fight them! Or trick them! - wait a minute...I could trick them into letting me go! But how?... OH! I just use Jareth orders against them!' I internally monologue and think up of a plan.

Once satisfied with my plan, I put it into action. "Wait a minute", I said aloud. Catching both soldiers attention, "If your orders were to keep me safe till the time runs out...then what are you doing here?" I ask. "We are doing as ordered, to keep you safe till time has run out!" answer the first soldier confidently. I nod my head and continue with my plan. "Yes, I understand but. Time has run out" my comment caught the soldiers off guard as they turn to look at one another.

It seems the two soldiers are having a silent conversation with one other before turning towards me. "Time has run out?" Ask the second soldier softly. 'Yes! They caught the bait, let's reel them in' I thought to myself, trying to hold back my victory grin. "Yep, it run out and I've lost to Jareth" I nod. The soldiers look back at one another, trying to confirm what I said is true. They look back at me. "But, we receive no word of this" comment the first soldier firmly. 'OH, quick think of something me!' "Really? Cause Jareth made an announcement earlier on how I lost and have to return to the castle." I lie smoothly. 'Nice one me!'.

"An announcement?" ask the second soldier. "I heard no announcement!" argue the first soldier. "Really, maybe you miss it when you guys were being statues or talking to another pass byer" I comment, hoping to brush this off and make my getaway. The second soldier turn to the first, grabbing his attention;" we did stop to talk to Jeff earlier, maybe we missed it during then" Suggest the second, as the first soldier nod his head. "Maybe..."

With the two soldier lost in thought, I quickly stand up and hop off the chair. The two soldiers jump and look at me. Not moving to stop me, 'good, this means I can go now'. "Yep, I lost and need to return to the castle asap. SO, bye!" I bid my farewell and go walk to the exit.

"Wait!" call out the first soldier," what about that other guy? Hogwarts?". I let a groan out and correct the soldier. "That was Hoggle! And he was my tour guild back to the castle". "Oh" said the first soldier, possibly feeling embarrassed that he scared my tour guild away. "Um.. do you need directions to the castle then? Don't want to keep Jareth waiting any longer" Ask the second Soldier, feeling embarrass as well for 'missing' an important announcement, like the first soldier.

Shock that he would offered such a thing, I answer with more enthusiastic than intended. "Yes please!" I yell out, shocking both soldiers with my answer. "Oh, um. You want to walk straight, take a left and keep going straight till the second exit where you want to go right till you at a bridge. Walk across it and take a left. Should be an easy walk from there." Instruct the second soldier. I nod my head as I take in the information. With a wide grin, I give my thanks to the soldier and walk into the hedge maze. But I stop myself before taking a step into the maze.

I turn around and point at the first soldier. "Do you still have Hoggle's jewellery?" I ask. The soldier was confused about my request until remembering that he has indeed took Hoggle's jewellery. "Jewellery? Oh yes! Here it is!" He jogs over and gives me the ring of jewellery. "Thank you!" I thanked and take the ring. Putting it in my pocket of my pants.

The soldier nod his head and bid me good luck. I then go into the maze, following the instructions given. Allowing the soldiers to talk alongside themselves. Chatting about Jareth and how he hopeful won't publish them for missing an important announcement.

With a bounce in my step and positivity in my head. It seems that everything is now turning around for me! Jareth, you better watch out! Cause here I come to get my brother!

No one P.O.V

"Oh, clever human. It seems that I have under estimate you (Y/n).", Jareth comment as he stares intently at the crystal ball he is holding in his left hand. Jareth turn his attention away from (Y/n), who only impress Jareth more, to Toby who is currently seated on Jareth's lap. "It seems that your older sibling is coming to get you. Let's see if they make it while completing their treasure hunt~" Jareth comment with a wild smirk on his face. As if he had a devilish secret that no one knew but wish they did.

Toby, not being able to understand just made baby noise that is typically expect. With a chuckle, Jareth turn towards the crystal once more. So that he can make his next move on how to keep (Y/n) in the labyrinth with him. The crystal change its image, no longer showing (Y/n) taking a right turn. But instead showing Hoggle who is sitting down and hunch over his knees in intense guilt and sadness. Jareth's smirk widens more as he made his decision.

"Looks like I need to visit a friend and cheer them up" 

-