Chapter 7 - The Wildfire and the Arctic Heart

Dianna

  In Magnus' arms, Dianna was carried to her dorm that she shared with Evie and Mal, She leaned in close to Magnus, trying to avoid the faces passing bye. She wasn't used to feeling this vulnerable. The water had weakened her, when she went in the water, the fire around her were dampened by the water. Usually, Dianna would not be aflame if she were to take a shower of something inclusive of water, but because her fire was ablaze, it caused her power to weaken.

  "Pay no heed to them, focus on me. Talk to me Dianna." said Magnus, Dianna couldn't see him, but she focused on his voice, letting it drift her to rest. Dianna felt Magnus kiss her head, and it made her drift off even deeper.

  They eventually made it to her dorm, Magnus knocked on the door, but no answer.

  "T....Tourney match." Dianna uttered, Magnus swore under his breath, he shrugged  as he then took hold of the door knob, and he turned it so hard that it broke. He opened it with one hand, as the other hand was carrying her.

  "Being Hercules' son has its benefits." he smirked, he walked over to her bed, if the singed black bed wasn't obvious enough, the red scarf made it even more obvious that it was hers. Magnus laid her down, he put her blanket over her, and he stood over her. Dianna, still shivering from the cold ghostly chill of the water, pulled her blanket over her neck as she turned to him.

  "Are you gonna be okay Dianna?" He took her hand, his hands felt warm, Dianna pulled his hand to her, Magnus chuckled.

  "Please don't leave." said Dianna, Magnus smiled, as he climbed onto her bed, Dianna opened her blanket, allowing him to sleep next to her, he took off his brown leather jacket, with only a white shirt and his jeans, he climbed onto her bed, and hugged her, pulling her close in his chest. 

  "Never. What a great way to end a date huh? cuddling in bed. Can't say I've ever ended a date like that." Dianna chuckled, she leaned closer to his chest, smiling as Magnus kissed her head. Caressing her hair. 

  "You're so beautiful Lady Wildfire." Dianna looked up to his face, he looked at her with a smile that made Dianna's heart skip a beat.

  "It's not good to play with fire, you get burned."

  "Then you're in luck. I'm cold, and you burn. A perfect match."

  "The wildfire and the arctic heart." 

  Magnus kissed her head once more, and Dianna felt herself drifting off to a sleep she  had once felt with only one other person. One who probably didn't care about her any longer, She cast the thought aside. As she closed her eyes and felt herself drifting, and drifting.

Ω

  Dianna awoke, she turned expecting Magnus to be beside her, but she flinched as she saw Evie and Mal, with jaws dropped.

  "What?" Dianna said, confused. 

  "What happened to you? You didn't go to Jay's tourney match." Mal said, with arms open in confusion.

  "Yeah! You missed out Mal being serenaded by Ben." Dianna's jaw dropped.

  "What? What else did I miss?" Dianna exclaimed. 

  And It took them hours to explain that after Dianna left with Magnus, Ben had explained that only his parents and his girlfriend were able to sit in the front to witness Fairygod mother bless him with the wand. It was then that they decided to spell Ben into falling in love with Mal, Soon after, Ben fell for the love spell and it was then time for Jay and his tourney match. whilst there Ben had serenaded her and had asked her to go to his coronation with him. Audrey interrupted his proposal by claiming to everyone that she was now dating Chad, and Evie got upset. Which Dianna promised she would burn her to the crisp, which got a slap from Evie because Evie was a princess and princesses turned the other cheek. 

    "Whoa, I guessed I missed a lot." Evie and Mal nodded in agreement.

  "Oh crap, I forgot, Ben asked me out on...a date." Mal gasped, Evie rolled her eyes as she then took Mal in her arms.

  "Relax Mal, you have us to help you out." Evie and Dianna nodded in unison.

  Dianna smiled, now regaining a fragment of her power, she stood as she touched Mal's outfit, It burned her outfit away, Mal spun around as the fire started to burn into a black dress, with hues of green and purple. Mal smiled as she twirled around in the room, Evie jumped in excitement and Dianna smiled at her.

  "I have just the thing for that." Evie said, as she went over to her closet and pulled out a black short leather jacket.  Evie went over to Mal, and pulled the jacket over Mal, She smiled as she pushed her into the mirror. Mal's jaw dropped.

  "Wow...I look–"

  "Say it" Evie interrupted.

  "Not hideous."

  "Not even close." Dianna said, Mal had a smile spread straight across her face. They embraced one another as they all heard a knock on the door. Dianna walked over to the door, and as she opened it, Ben was in front of the door, with two bike helmets in his arms. 

  "Hi, is Mal–" Ben froze, Dianna stepped out of the way as Mal came into view.

  "For the first time I know the difference between pretty and beautiful."

  Mal merely laughed.

  "I hope you like bikes?" Mal smiled, as she walked over to Ben, and as Dianna and Evie both closed the doors on the two lovebirds, they squealed and giggled together in unison.