Valour

We arrived at the outpost we were stationed at, and least to say it was nice.
It was a small cabin like building on the eastern edge of the city with two good sized bedrooms, a small kitchen and a living area. It seemed like a small holiday in a war zone.
Sombra and I decided to take one of the rooms while Jackson and Crismo took the other one.
Our room was small but comfy, it had to single beds, which Sombra and I decided to put together to make a double bed with a small bathroom and a sofa coming along with it.
Crismo and Jackson headed out on lookout duty, which left me and Sombra alone.
"What ya doin?" I ask her as I step into the room.
"Looking online for something entertaining, but there literally nothing" she says, looking through her hologram on the bed.
"Surely it can't be that bad?" I say before laying next to her.
"Not anymore thanks to you" she says before rolling on top of me, wrapping her arms around my neck, I grab her butt in response.
Sombra gasps. "Oh, someone's feeling different today" she says, before I notice yet another huge and cunning grin emerge on her face.
She leans in to plant her lips on mine, when suddenly gunfire and explosions dominate the noise coming from outside. Then the radio next to me blasts with different voices with gunfire in the background, it was almost impossible to make out what any one was saying.
I pick up the radio and begin to flick through the channels, and begin to speak.
"Crismo, Jackson, what the hell's happening out there?!" I shout into it.
"The omnics, they're everywhere" Crismo says out of the radio.
"How many?" I ask, knowing the answer couldn't have been good.
"Thousands, there are literally fucking thousands of them" he says in shock.
"Alright stay there, we'll come to you" I say, before picking  up my rifle leaning on the sofa.
"What's happening?" Sombra asks me, while picking up her own weapon.
"We're under attack, lets go" I say before grabbing her hand and heading for the door.
We then ran to the main road where the fighting was, and it was hell on Earth.
Dead bodies were everywhere, the stenches of smoke and death filled the air around us. Many were screaming in pain, as dozens of omnics began to swiftly advance up the road as friendly forces ran away, some help img the injured.
"Come on, if we can hit there flank we should get these guys some breathing room" I say, and Sombra nods in agreement. We ran inside a building and made our way through the back, only to find there was another line of omnics, not caring for their fellow omnics falling in front of them.
We then entered another building and ran through the front door, where we finally got behind the enemy.
I pulled the pin of one of the Granada I was given earlier, while Sombra made sure no one omnics were behind us.
I threw the grenade into the crowns of enemies, and the explosion shattered majority of them, the only ones left ran for cover.
I turned around to see Sombra was gone. Shocked, I began to search the street fearing the worst. Suddenly gunfire began to roar from the area that the grande went off.
It was Sombra picking off the omnics that had survived the explosion.
Soon enough the street was clear and we made our way to the heaviest fighting, which just happened to be where Jackson and Crismo were at.
As Crismo told us before, there were thousands of omnics attacking the city, and many different units as well.
Bastions, OR15's, executors, robot dogs and many others.
(Pretty much every omnics in uprising event if anyone's confused).
I began to pick off smaller omnics with my rifle, so we could destroy the more heavy units with explosives. It was working but many of our people were getting killed.

*Time skip

We fought for hours on end, pushing the omnics back, and they were eventually a few hundred left, all crammed in a few streets. I slowly moved my way up the street chasing a few enemies when suddenly, gunfire burst from the end of the street. I jumped behind a small wall under some stairs that lead into an apartment building.
The sound of it was deafening, and flashes of bullets filled the street, almost as if they were replacing the air itself. There was suddenly a huge purple ball that flashes insanely, almost blinding. At the same time a familiar voice shouted something at the same time.
"Papaganda las luces" Sombra shouted, as every omnics fell over like a childs toys one by one.
I cautiously walk over with Jackson and Crismo, and Sergeant Hunter as well, who I had only just noticed was present at the time.
I approached Sombra, who was sitting on a fallen Bastion, while looking at the internet.
"Where... Where did that come from?" I ask her, panting constantly.
"Does it really matter?"she asks me, while her smug grin emerges on her face.
She stands and walks over to me, but I then suddenly hear loud, frequent footsteps behind me.
"Y/N, MOVE!!!" I hear Sergeant Hunter yell, as he rugby tackles me into Sombra as I turn my head.
There was suddenly a bang.
I get up and sprint over to him, and notice he's bleeding badly. I kneel down and put pressure on the wound in his chest. Suddenly another gunshot went off, but I was luckily behind cover, as did another, but the second wasn't targeting me. I looked around to see where it went, and see a mark of the bullet on the wall Sombra was using as cover.
I return my attention to Hunter, who can't speak, but tries to reach into his pocket. I notice and take out a small grappling device from his pocket, which then weakly shoves towards my chest.
"Take... take..." he says faintly, before falling back and closing his eyes.
"Sarge? SARGE?!?" I scream while shaking his shoulder back and forth.
But no sign of life came from his body.
He was gone.
Tears begin to form in my eyes, as I look up towards the roof which the bullets came from. I begin to feel my anger control me, as I run for the door.