Trust

I wake with a start. It was 2:18 in the morning, and we planned to leave.
Hunters death affected most of us.
Jackson, Crismo and I had known him since we joined the military, he was the one who trained us to become the soldiers we are today. This war had made us war torn people, and Hinterd death was our first loss since the war began. As for Sombra, she had lost her entire family in the first crisis, so she may have had an idea of what this kind of loss feels like. Sergeant Hunter was like family to us.
That cold and heartless assassin was going to pay for it.
Either we would reverse her brainwashing, or kill her. We were going to try whatever we could to bring her back, but I was completely fine with filling her with a magazine of lead.

I got changed into my combat uniform, and gathered all necessary things for this mission, this mission that didn't even exist. Sombra already had her SMG in hand, and plenty of, teleporter things on a small belt. I went through to check on Crismo and Jackson, who were ready to go.
We then grouped up at the back door, and left the building. We slowly made our way out of the city, and had a few close calls with armed patrols, who all knew we weren't supposed to be out here.

*Time skip

After a few hours of scurrying in the dark shadows like rats, we eventually made it out of Stuttgart, and we even managed to steal an AFV (armoured fighting vehicle) in the process, which was very handy for transport, and also for dealing with any omnic patrols.
We drove on a grassy area for several hours, where we were going? To a Talon base Sombra never told us about, it was a little suspicious, but I trusted her, so Jackson did too, but his trust for her was ridiculously weak. As for Crismo, he wasn't having it, he was very convinced it was a trap, and I didn't really blame him, I know I would probably be feeling the same if I was in his shoes.
Silence filled the truck, no one bothered to speak, it was just too awkward.
After several hours of nothing to hear, but the roaring of the trucks engine, and the occasional bumping of our equipment when we went over a hill, or a small pocket of rough terrain., I decided to break the silence.
"How much further?" I ask Sombra, who was sitting quietly looking at the internet with her hologram.
"Not much longer, we should leave the truck in about an half an hour" she says, not bothering to look up.
"You ok?" I ask her.
"Hm? Oh yeah, yeah I'm fine, I was going to turn on Talon anyway" she said, waving her hand, acting like it didn't really matter.
I decide to walk over and sit next to her, as I was opposite her at his point.
She turns her head, but lets her body continue to face the wall.
"What?" She asks quietly, before laughing a little and smiling.
"I don't know, how did I end up with someone so gorgeous?" I ask her, before allowing a cunning grin of my own appear on my face.
"Because you knocked them out" she says, before allowing her own mischievous grin to arise.
She then turned off her hologram and turned to face me.
I decide to move once again and sit beside her, and wrap my arm around her shoulder, before she rests her head on mine.
"What should we do after all of this is over?" I ask her. She turns her head, as do I, and our eyes meet in a gaze before she places a hand on my cheek.
"Why don't we go back, we can go to my hometown, or stay where we were before" she says before smiling adorably.
"What if we went travelling, ya know, see the world" I say.
"Let's just focus on now" she says, before giving me a quick peck on the cheek.
"I'm sorry about Hunter by the way" she said to me.
"Don't be, he sacrificed himself so we could live, honestly I should be the one thanking you, since you decided to come with us" I say, rubbing her thigh.
"I'll do anything for you" she says, not bothering to lift her face from my shoulder.
Suddenly the truck stops, making me turn my head toward the front seat in surprise.
"We're here" Crismo says through the small hatch connecting the front seats and the back of the truck, before getting out.
A few seconds later, as I get off of Sombra and sit a few metres away.
The back doors open and Jackson and Crismo climb inside. "Can you go check the area, make sure we weren't followed or any Talon grunts are around?" Crismo asks Sombra.
She doesn't say a word, she just stands, walks outside, and turns on her invisibility, not giving off any sign of where she went.
Crismo then quickly shut the doors and older them in one swift move.
He turned to face me, a mixture of anger and concern in his eyes.
"Can you actually trust her?" He asks, and no matter what I could have said, I already knew he would only accept one answer.
"Why shouldn't I?" I ask, wonderingt if he can even trust me, let alone Sombra.
"What if this is a trick, she's using you to her advantage, or talons? What if this is all just a filthy lie?" He asks, now I'm starting to question if she is who I think she is, if she really does love me.
"I'll see what happens, until then I'll act manipulated, if that's what she's after, but I'm not just gonna turn my back on her" I say, trying the best that I can to convince him I can handle this.
"Don't fall for anything" he said to me.