epilogue

yes i put myself in this chapter and yes i know that's a bit stupid but i started planning this two years ago i want it to be as same as possible and yes i even made duke her boyfriend bc holy hell i love him. plus i've always wanted to write a character x oc fanfic but knew nobody would even read it this is the closest i'll ever come to that don't crush my dreams.

this is also a somewhat apology chapter, so i tried really hard on it.

-

You stepped off the plane and out of the airport with a friend you made at college, Alta, who had also lived in Domino City. Apparently she had gone to your school, but you never took notice of her until you were placed in all the same classes as her at college. By then, you were kind of forced to be her friend.

You took her to your old house, the whole time not being able to shut up about Yami and finally being able to see him. You would've visited more, but you didn't have the money. Yami would've visited more, but saving the world is a pain in the ass and very time consuning.

Alta, though listening, was texting people the whole drive from the airport. She was contacting Téa, as much as she hated her, plus Joey, Tristan, Yugi, and even her boyfriend Duke. She was planning something, you could tell, and facing her back to the door. You could see a reflection in the window and were relieved since she wasn't being secretive due to looking at porn. Though, you couldn't really tell.

The two of you finally made it to your house and you ran in, pulling Alta along with you. You had planned a date with Yami the last time you saw eachother in person, and today was the day. Alta was going to help you get ready, she was damn good at aesthetic and style, even though she usually only wears a Homestuck tee with a Slytherin jacket and leggings, plus some rings and a choker. But enough about the background character, this is your night.

You looked in the mirror but only for a split second because Alta grabbed you and pushed you into the bathroom, shoving clothes into your hand. Mentally, she was cursing herself for doing your makeup first. What a dunce.

When you had stepped out of the bathroom, Alta was smiling at her work. You were dressed in a beautiful black dress, long but not so long you'd trip on the matching heels. She had given you perfectly symmetrical smokey eyes, silver and black, with deep red lipstick. Alta handed you two diamond earrings with a matching diamond necklace and you were set.

"You look lit, my work is done." She helped you walk down the stairs with the heels and out the door, since damn it was hard, and now you wait.

Once you saw Yami's car pull up Alta went to leave, but you stopped her, engulfing her in a thank you hug. She went rigid since hugs aren't her thing, which you knew and you sometimes just did this to annoy her, but still hugged back.

"Don't forget to rubber up," she said winking as you seperated. You rolled your eyes, a faint pink colour dusted your cheeks as Yami chuckled. "This is where I take my leave. Good luck, y'all." Alta left but not before sending a knowing glance at Yami, which you totally missed as you stepped into the car.

The drive went along slowly. Yami complimented you a few times, not too many so he didn't sound weird, but just the right amount. You ended up at a fancy resturaunt, he checked you both in and an intimidating waitor led you to your seats.

The night passed nicely. It was filled with talking, jokes, everything a date should be. When the area you were in was mostly empty, Yami began fidgeting. When there was just one other couple there he stood, taking your hand and helping you up as well. He regained his confidence, stepping down on one knee. You know what was happening, and your heart raced with excitement as he pulled out and opened a small box.

"[full name], you and I have known eachother six years, and spent five of them truly together. I know some people would frown upon me doing this so early, but I can't wait another second. Being without you four years allowed me to think about where this relationship would go, and I believe this is the right place. So, would you, [full name], do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

Of course you said yes. Why the hell wouldn't you? The couple in the area had saw and clapped, along with a few more in the nearby areas and even the intimidating waitor. The ring that was placed on your finger sparkled, it was a gold band with rubies, making it look exotic.

%%%

Alta was the maid of honour. Yugi was the best man. Alta helped with your outfit again, pinning your hair in a loose yet elegant bun, not bothering with eyeshadow or eyeliner but making sure your mascara and lipgloss were perfect. Your dress was sleveless since it was summer, and looked sort of like a ball gown. It wasn't verh comfortable. Pretty hurts.

Finally, it was time. Alta stood next to where you were supposed to, and Yugi next to Yami. Your dress shone in the light, sparkling with every step you took closer to the podium, covered by cherry blossom trees. In a few more steps you had made it to Yami. Your husband-to-be.

%%%

The after party was designed by Alta using Duke's money, and it was pretty spectacular. There was food, a nice aesthetic, people, everything an after party should be.

You and Yami were dancing, as many other couples were, while some- Alta and Duke- were sitting at a table talking. People made their toasts to the bride and groom, before everyone went home.

You lived your life with Yami peacefully. There were no more threats to the world or even Domino City that couldn't be taken care of by the police. You and Yami had two kids, twin brother and sister, and would sometimes go on double dates with Duke and Alta, who got married two years after you. It was an enjoyable life, a life you enjoyed more with your pharaoh by your side.

&

word count w/o a/n - 1,002
wowie wowie it's done. i worked for like an hour on this. hope it turned out well. that concludes the story.