chapter 4

To keep me distracted, I decided to read something. I came across a blog titled 'first love'. It was all about the happiness and confusion we feel when flush of first love flows through us. I really wanted to know the name of blogger. But it proved pernicious to me. I didn't sleep all night.
Blogger's name was Kyle. That was also the name of boy I had crush on in eighth standard.
Since his roll number was just successive to mine, he sat behind me. We used to talk a lot. Though I was very sincere girl and didn't talk to anyone, yet whenever my name was in list of students who were talking, it was due to him.
He was very handsome. Like really very very handsome. But that wasn't the reason I had crush on him. I liked his way of talking. He talked serious but always with a hint of humour.
The days he wasn't present in class were the worst days. As soon as I stepped into bus, my eyes searched for him every morning (he went in my bus). And so he became my habit. Whenever my eyes didn't find him, my whole day was ruined. I regretted coming to school.
The 'most popular girl' was also in my section. She tried to go closer to him but my loyal crush never gave importance to her. Whenever she tried to stand near him, he walked away. Knowing that he would never accept me, his less attraction towards girls kept me going. Though he was not mine, at least he was not anyone else's.
These and many other thoughts kept me awake whole night. This resulted in dark circles under my eyes.
I have to face a big day with deep dark circles under my eyes. It was the day, Ethan would appeal to voters by his words. He has to give speech today!