chapter 9

I was standing outside the library looking at my watch. He was late. What else can you expect from Mr Arrogant? I smirked.

I felt a pat on my shoulder from back. I turned around and gazed up at Nick. He was looking.....Mesmerizing!

His eyes were as blue as an ocean. The depth of whose can drown anyone. Who was I then to be not allured by his charm. To not drown in his eyes. His blond hair were disheveled and messy, falling on his dazzling eyes. His ivory skin just looked perfect with his sharp features. He had muscled, well defined body. Nick was definitely attractive.

"Stop checking me out !"

"I wasn't checking you out. Why would I? You aren't that attractive! Huh!"  Shit! Why do always make it so obvious!

"Really?", he smirked. "Whatever! I don't care what you think about me!"

"Lets go and finish it as soon as possible", I urge.

"So, We are doing 'Action and adventure' genre", he states.

I gaped.
"Who decided it?"

"We"

"Not we. Only YOU!"

"Don't you want to do it?"

"No, Actually let's do some Romance and Love story"

"Arghh...I'm not doin' your cheesy love tales and clichés. I loathe them!"

"You don't like Love stories?", I say widening my eyes.

"Absolutely not! All of them usually  have the same story. Boy and girl falling for each other and bah! Happy ending! They are just far from reality! You always don't have happy endings in real. I don't believe in this love shit and all..."

"All of them are not same. Every story's different. One of a kind" I was actually surprised. We were just so OPPOSITES!
I..I was a hopeless romantic. He, on the other hand, didn't even believe in love. How could he not believe in love? Love was the force that kept the world going.

"So, adventure it is", he says

"Maybe, we can do 'Young adult'. What say?"

"I'm not sure. Do you want to do 'Non fiction'?"

"Certainly not! I don't read Non-fiction"

"Neither do I"

"I have an idea. Do you like 'Dystopian'?"

"Yes, it's a good option. So which is your favourite?"

"The Hunger Games!", I immediately say.

"I haven't read it. But I've  heard it's good"

"Its very addicting! You won't resist yourself turning the page. It just keep the readers hooked"

"Is it another of your love stories?"

"Nope! Its much more than that. Love triangle and all is not the main theme.
It has amazing dystopian world. It focuses on authoritarian society  in which young people from each districts are compelled to kill other tributes in a televised show called 'The Hunger games'.The story further focuses on protagonist's struggle to revolutionise the dystopian world"

"That was a good review!", He laughs. His eyes almost closed when he laughed, "You're clearly obsessed with it"

"Absolutely! It's my favourite"

"Then, I guess, I'll have to read it. Do you have it?"

"Yes I do. Take it from me. I have read it all over and over. But, DON'T YOU DARE SPOIL THAT BOOK! I WILL KILL YOU! No Dog ears! No Blotches! I WILL NOT FORGIVE YOU IF-"

" Calm Down! I'll take care of your book more than myself"

"Okay" I say embarassed. I had said too much, I knew. But that's how I warn people before giving my books. Actually I didn't trust people with my books. Books were just too precious for me.

"So, it's decided. 'The hunger games' it is. It's good actually since you have read it so many times, it will be easy to make book report", he says.

"Yes. But, we have to submit it in a month. And it's trilogy. Will we make it in time? You know, you haven't read it yet" I said with hesitation.

"I'm a quick reader. You'll see"

"If that's the case, We're done then"

He didn't reply anything to it. And we just sat in the library. The silence was soon getting awkward.

"Hey, Where did you get my number from?"

"You don't need to know that!

"It's my number. I have every right to know where you got it from"

"I'm not answerable to you", He got up and started heading to the door of the library. His one hand was inside one of the jeans' pocket. With other hand, he gave his hair a sway.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Back to being 'Mr Arrogant'!

*****

My phone's ringtone woke me up. Who was calling at 2:00 am in the morning? I was in deep slumber. Arrgh!! Son of a Devil!!

I'm not picking it up! Whoever it was would hang up soon!! Shameless! Waking someone was no less than a sin!

But the phone won't stop buzzing. I reached out my hands to find my phone, just searching by my sense of touch. I felt something hard. I grabbed hold of my phone.

For a moment, the white light blinded my eyes causing excrutiating pain. I squinted at my phone.

'Mr Arrogant'

*******************

Author's note:

This book crossed 8K reads. That's quite an achievement for me. It wouldn't have been possible without you readers! I hadn't ever imagined that it would even cross a thousand readers. But, I'm just too glad that you all made it possible. A big THANK YOU to my friends for supporting me the whole time and encouraging me to write. Thanks for all the love.

There's still a long way to go. I can't wait to see 10K reads on it!

So, did you guys liked the chapter?

Any 'The Hunger Games' fans here?

Keep voting and commenting!

Love you.. :)