Chapter 5: Behind The Curtains

The pancake was so good that it makes me want to forget everything that happens so far in my life. The hunger started to increase as I take more bites of pancakes in my mouth.

At the same time, I'm still hoping there will be an explanation about their visit all of sudden but they're still keeping it low, so, I guess it's time to speak again.

"Are you guys mute or something." I placed my fork on the pancake as I said that. "Its weekend." nodded Ayni.

"So....". "So, Ayni and I thought that we could spend the day together. You know have some fun and stuffs".

Before I even could say something, Vivi stopped me and start talking again.

"Just don't say no for God's sake. I know you always like to be alone and do stuff alone but please, not today"

"Yeah, it's been months and we've only been talking and texting on the phone. It was no fun at all." added Ayni.

"ARHHHHH..."

"Fine. Fine. Stop lecturing me." I said with a relief in my face.

They started to scream like hell and hugged me saying you're the best. Vivi even kissed me on the cheek and that makes me smile for no reason.

I think friends are like snowflakes; they don't come often but when they do they always put a smile on your face no matter what.

Even it's just for seconds.

30 minutes past, as we talking about our life and stuffs. Then, I did the dishes after breakfast like always; they do the cooking and I do the cleaning.

Today looked so fine; the sky is clean and beautiful.

The birds singing songs everywhere in the city. The weather is quite cold and warm enough to make us feel good. The streets looked packed and fun.

People's faces were filled with love and happiness.

I can see families, a group of friends, couples, a group of children and even some old couples walking as they holding hands full of happiness in their faces.

Seeing old couples together always makes my heart skipped a bit and makes me believe that true love exists in every visible dimension.

Just saying, even thinking about love itself makes me feel some kind but not in a better way for sure.

My mind always says that love is worth but it's isn't loyal to everyone at every time.

Whenever you see a young couple holding hands and stuff; it seems beautiful but in reality, you never know the truth behind the curtains.

Now they might be holding hands laughing through the narrowed streets but tomorrow they might be walking alone with all the beautiful memories they had in the streets together, you can never really say cause life is full of surprises.

As same goes for the old folks; they always seem happy and satisfied with what they did together and with what they have now but the happiness they're having right at the moment, it's so precious that it can never be achieved in such an easy way as we always think.

They went through rough patches that we never have seen before. There were times they felt like giving up on what they're holding off right now with full of pride.

There were times where people threw random shits at them which makes them feel uncomfortable about being in a relationship.

Their grandchildren must be thought that their grandparents had a beautiful fairy tale love story that makes them dream to have one for themselves when they grew up.

In reality, people just don't see the screams and sleepless nights they had to achieve what they're having right now. It takes a real pride to hold this long.

Everybody wishes a happy ending in their life, even for the books they read, the movies and dramas they watch; all they wanted is a happy ending.

It might seem relaxing and fun to have a happy ending in everything we see but it's just that it takes too long for a happy ending, so, you just stopped holding off and gave up instantly.

As I said before love was never easy.

"Should we go for a movie?" asked Ayni. I never really heard what she's saying because I'm in my world right now thinking about stuffs that not matter to me.

"Hey are you here with us right now?" she shakes my shoulder a little hard. "Ahhhhahhh...Yeah..."

" What you were saying..." I started with a nervous voice tone. "You're daydreaming?" asked Vivi with a kinky smile in her face.

They used to this kind of weird character of mine cause it's not for the first time. "So, where we should go first?" I asked to make up for the situation we had just now.

"I don't know? Maybe a little bit of shopping?" said Ayni with full of excitement in her face.

"I'm okay with it but first we drop off for some coffee because nothing is better without a coffee" I added and walked high as letting them follow me behind.

"Not bad, for a fresh start," shouted Vivi from the back. I'm not that productive around people but today I'm gonna try to cause they're helping me to find myself happy.

DO VOTE. ❤