Chapter 7: Leaving is The Best Part

The street is no more packed with people, for now, it just seems deserted like a dessert. The street lights were so bright that it makes it look like a day time in the night.

The wind is so cold as always and making connections with the leaves which produces some weird scary noises which you would feel when you were watching a horror movie all alone.

The place was beaten to silence, that I could not even hear a humming sound from the distance. 

The New York City is settled down for the weekend and tomorrow will be the same start for all; working, going to school, taking care of loved ones and do it all again for the rest of our life but in between, some people living the life they always dreamed off.

I saw my apartment in the distance and for it, I can say it's time to say goodbye which could hold of for several months from now on.

"A hug?" said Ayni as she spreads her arms towards me when the time we stopped in front of the apartment.

"You probably should put the bags down. You're such a mess. Do you know that?" whizzed Vivi through the air.

To be honest, I'm not really into it but as a friend, you should do it anyway. "Is that even necessary?" I asked with a peculiar reaction on my face.

"Come on, Ivy. After this day we'll never know when we gonna meet again. You probably gonna miss us. We all do." said Ayni with high concern in her voice.

"Okay. Take care and don't be an easy fall to anyone." I said as I approach her for a hug and suddenly Vivi hugged us both at the same time which makes the situation more sentimental and I could barely feel the pressure of that two.

"Oh, I'm going to miss you both for this several months ahead. Why can't we just work at the same place." finished Vivi and it's felt like she's going to cry or something.

"Working together? No way. That will be weird enough. Don't even think about it." I said as I make myself out of the big hug which made me uncomfortable for several seconds.

As soon as I said that, both Vivi and Ayni exchanged a death stare at me as they were gonna throw some swear words at me.

"OH, come on cheer up. It will be no fun if we work in the same office and there will be no room to miss if we can see each other every day"

"You're so weird at making decisions but it's kind of cute and attractive in some way," said Vivi as she winked at me with a cute little smile on her face.

"It's getting late. You guys probably should keep going."

"Yeah, it hurts my brain even to think about tomorrow," said Ayni as she started to make some weird noises with her mouth.

 "Bye!!" said both as they started to walk down the street with waving their hands in the air towards me.

As mere seconds past and I could hear the little screaming and the laughing in the long-distance as I still standing there as I watch the sky for some stars.

They're happy. Am I happy?

I think so. When I see the stars it reminds me of the memories I had when I was younger. I read in a book that making wishes upon the stars could make your wishes come true.

For that age, it all makes sense we tried it at some point where we'd made an anonymous wish upon the star and begged for it to be true.

As time passed we barely even remember what we wished for; as for me, I could never really think of it. And now when I come to think about it; all I can do is smile upon what I did in the past.

People are making wishes every day, no matter old or young, weak or strong, rich or poor, humble or arrogant; everybody wishes for something in their life, at some point.

Some are granted, and the rest is just a passing cloud.

When the wishes are abandoned we never really thought that it's the end of the world, but we manage to move on and started to make new progress and come up with a new wish instantly because we couldn't help it.

The mere thoughts were gone as I stepped into the apartment. I put down the gift bags on the sofa which was given to me by Vivi and Ayni because they thought buying stuff could make me feel better.

"Why you always have to be alone. That's why people always thinking that you're weird. You should meet people and interact with them. You know what I mean. Make some friends or maybe try on some dates"

"Wow, dating is a better idea if you asked me. You could turn out to be a friendly person rather than being locked in your apartment all day along" the words started to repeat in my head as I am staring at the gift bags for so long.

"I'm just doing fine. Being alone never really bothers me, I'm used to it." I said it out loud as I walked straight to my bedroom.

It always makes me smile whenever I entered my room. I took off my shoes and just lay down on my bed.

As for that moment, I felt how tired was I for the day. It felt good to be in bed.

Tomorrow is gonna be the same boring routine which gonna stress me out for the whole week.

Working based on programming, mending things, machines and stuff is not an easy thing you if asked me.

Should I regret having a Diploma in Mechatronic Engineering and having a Degree in Electronic Automation Industry? "I should've chosen to be a Psychologist, my bad," I said as I'm done for the night and close my eyes as hoping for a good day tomorrow.

DO VOTE. ❤