Chapter 4- Bacon & Beer

***A/N*** 

Hey all! This chap is a little shorter tha last. Hope yall enjoy! Comment? Vote? Fan? :) 

Cheers!

LifeAsIKnowIt

Chapter 4

“Andy just listen to me! Something is weird here. The people- it’s like they are all on drugs or something!”

My tea kettle started to whistle. Sighing I got up from the couch and made my way in to the kitchen. Glancing at the clock I grumbled again- 4:30am. I have yet to sleep a wink tonight. My stomach started to form knots just thinking about Dallas coming here. There was no way in hell I was going to Amherst with him.

“Kay; I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think. You probably did tell that Jayden fellow and it just slipped your mind”

My eyes rolled- I know exactly what I told Jayden.

“Oh ya? Than what about everyone reactions in the diner hmm? Got an explanation for that Andy? It was freaky! I’m coming back to New York!”

Grabbing a mug I blew the dust off the rim before pouring my tea.

“Kay love; don’t be hasty. Stay there and get that house sold! Think rationally; you’re the daughter of a man that was a good friend to them right?”

Taking a sip I let out a grunt for Andy

“Well; now that man’s dead and his daughter comes strolling into town. I think they were all already acting weird towards you- you just didn’t notice because you were having a pleasant time with that Jayden man…”

Leaning against the counter I sighed. Maybe Andy was right- I could have completely blew everything out of proportion. Before I could even agree he was speaking again

“You know what I think is weird Kay?”

Taking another sip of my tea I rolled my shoulders

“What’s that Andy?”

“I think it’s weird you were having such a swell time with Jayden”

An unlady like snort escaped before I could stop it. Taking my tea to the living room I plopped down on the couch; it felt so nice to lie down, my eyes closing involuntarily

“You sound jealous Andy”

“What if I am Kaylie? So what! Of course I would be- you and I well it’s never been official! I’m all the way in New York while you’re off in Texas.”

We have had this argument before; but usually it was face to face -And it always ended in sex. 

“Andy; I’m sorry I have to go to sleep I’m exhausted. Look you have nothing to worry about with Jayden or Dallas. And if you are still concerned catch a flight sooner and come on down here- I could use the help!”

Reaching up I grabbed the throw blanket on top of the couch. Draping it over me one handed I snuggled in ready for sleep to take me.

“Dallas? I never said anything about a Dallas! Who the hell is he?!  You bet your ass I’m going—“

Cutting him off in my sleepy state all I could muster out was a “Goodnight Andy.” Clicking the end button; I was out like a light.

The smell of Bacon had me bolting upright. I love bacon. Standing up groggily I sluggishly made my way to the kitchen- and the bacon. The florescent kitchen lights made me gasp; definitely switching those things out!

“Good afternoon ma’am”

Slowly peeking my eyes open I was surprised to see Dallas standing at my stove- bacon sizzling in front of him.