Chapter 7 - Surprises

***TFGIF****

Cheers!

LifeAsIKnowIt

Uncomfortable was one word to describe this drive. Dallas was driving; I sat in the middle- the gear stick in between my legs – and Andy on my right. The truck was not built for more than two people- especially those of the boy’s size.

My left leg was tight against Dallas- I could feel the heat emitting off him through his dirty jeans. His arm rested on my leg as he held the stick- I didn’t understand how one man’s touch- his arm no doubt- could make my heart thump into over drive. He seemed oblivious to my inner turmoil- eyes focused on the road.

Sighing I looked out the corner of my eye to Andy; my right leg smooched against his. He has been on his phone most of the drive- answering emails I assume. We made idle chit chat but I couldn’t keep the conversation flowing- not when all I could smell was Dallas’s cologne. What has gotten in to me? I’ve been around a ton of attractive men- not to mention sweet talkers and millionaires. None of them have ever affected me like Dallas. I felt like a blubbering hot mess.

Taking another swift peek over to Dallas I was surprised to catch his eyes looking at me.

“What?”

A small ghost of a smile appeared

“Nothing, just wondering why you’re so quiet”

He shifted gears; his forearm rubbing up my leg, to the side, down then up again. My breath hitched as my stomach tightened- how could one touch affect me so much? Why did I wear shorts again?

 I kept my eyes straight ahead- I needed to get whatever was going on out of my system. Glancing back to Andy I smiled; good thing he is staying with me then.

“So Andy, how’s the office? Anything new and exciting happen while I’ve been gone?”

Glancing up from his phone he smiled and clicked the blackberry off; throwing it into his briefcase.

“Not much love, Amanda has been missing you”

An un lady like snort erupted from me

“Easy piglet”

Laughing I shook my head at him

“Amanda doesn’t miss me! Nobody even realizes I’m gone I bet!”

Talking about work made me realize how much I actually missed it. It’s so easy to let all the stress go when you’re far away.  Andy grabbed me thigh- making me look back to him. His face was close to mine as spoke.

“Everybody misses you; I missed you- why do you think I’m here?”

He lowered his head to give me a kiss-right before his lips met mine the truck jerked to the right. Andy flew back, hitting his head against the window. Dallas arm was against my chest- making me stay put.

“What the hell?”

“Sorry Andy, there was a possum, I didn’t want to kill it”

Andy grumbled under his breath while rubbing his head- shooting daggers at Dallas.

Looking at Dallas he kept a straight face- if I didn’t know him I probably wouldn’t have seen the humor dancing in his eyes.

There was no possum.

The rest of the ride went quietly. I was too scared to strike up a conversation with Andy again- just in case he got another injury. And Dallas was in no talking mood- his grunts for his answers halted my efforts. So instead I sat back in my seat; listening to Luke Bryan and trying my damnedest not to show Dallas how much his touch was truly affecting me.