CHAPTER SIX - ZOO: part 6

i think it's a mistake to ever look for hope outside of one's self.

Arthur Miller

[FARREN]

They hit the floor in a tangled mess. The Doctor had planted onto the ground first and was winded as Farren messily followed- falling across his stomach.

"Get off," He just about managed to choke and Farren rolled off painfully- she luckily hadn't met the fate of the hard ground, but her bleeding shoulder was sharply poked by the Doctor's knee. The teenager huffed into the ground, feeling the smallest rocks sharply pinch the skin of her nose.

"God," she hummed, using her better arm to push herself onto her back "Do you do that often?" Farren- attempted to laugh, tightly tugging her hair back from her face. She decided she didn't like jumping out of a forth floor window of a six dimensional Ordo prison ship- she didn't like it one bit.

She tilted her head to the side and watched the Doctor wriggle on the ground with long groans and shakily push himself up to his feet- smiling all the way at her.

"Here and there, yeah."

He offered out his hand to her and she noticed- how his face was littered in blood-tainted scraps, vast red marks that on human skin, would definitely bruise. The back of his neck was harmed more than his face. They'd landed on gravelly ground- Farren had noticed when her face was smashed against it, scattered with miniscule stones.

She took his hand, stumbling a little as he pulled her up with way too much ease. Though as he pulled away from her grip, she raised her own hand to his face. She expected the ripples of cautious perplexity- and so, she ignored it.

"What're you doing?" His question was stumbling but somewhat trusting as she rested her cold palm on the side of his face. 

As she held them over the broken skin, she tilted her head in a light smile- his wide-eyed expression of pure marvel was amusing, because the warm gold glow billowing from her palm was the least of the surprises. 

The energy swam steadily through her veins and their long-winding, vine like build showed through her skin, it willed his skin to heal within seconds.

"Asking you not to freak out would be a little late," She hummed calmly, the energy had a way of waving over her mind and body, calming her until her voice was lightly melodic "It's tradition for infants within the royal family to drink from the Citrine River when they get to a hundred years old- you should see it, gorgeous pale yellow stream, it's brilliant. Every member of the Wanderer ancestry are healers 'cus, you see, the Citrine crystal carries the power of a million suns. It offers us warmth and healing but I think they've given it a different purpose here on Earth, along with all out other crystals. I think- Citrine energy suggests wealth to them but I don't know." She flinched when she unconsciously shrugged and he- for once, stayed silent. "The crystal is dead now though, so it doesn't offer any proper power. It died some time ago and the final remnants run only in my system- I know," She breathed and rolled her eyes "Pressure!" In a singing tone, she exclaimed and he breathed out an airy laugh at her conduct. Her palm moved to the back of his neck, ignoring the stickiness of red liquid and mending the cracked skin.

"It's uh- Golden Energy? Yeah, golden energy." A nod and a smile "Similar to the one that of the people of Gallifrey, allowing them to regenerate and heal faster than other species." Farren stepped back- satisfied with all the skin melded back into soft smoothness, the only evidence of wounds then was dried blood stains. He'd have to remember to take a shower on his own, later.