1

Hey guys! Welcome to the story. I've removed the author's notes to let it flow better.
Enjoy 😊

I stare at our new house. It's a lot better than the smelly two bedroom flat we had back in North Park.
I climb out of the car. the snow crunches loudly beneath my feet as I walk towards the brown door, already unlocked and open for me to enter.

"Butters, can you help me carry these boxes inside?" Mom asks, taking boxes from the back of the moving van and placing them on the sidewalk.

"Of course." I smile.

I pick up a box labelled 'Linda's clothes' and carry it inside. I leave the box in the middle of the room and go back outside to grab another box.

I notice that someone is watching us from across the street from inside their house. He's got an orange coat on, even though he's inside, a green hat on his head and sparkling emerald green eyes.
I put the box on the floor and wave to him. He doesn't wave back, but he disappears from the window.

I shrug, pick up the box and take it inside.
When I go back outside to grab another box, I see that the boy from across the road is stood beside the moving van.

"Umm... hi." I awkwardly wave again.

"Hi," he says. "Are you moving in?"

"Yeah. I'm butters," I offer him my hand to shake. "I used to live in North Park but we decided to move because our old flat was awful."

"Kyle," the boy shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you. Is Butters your real name?"

"My real name is Leopold but everyone calls me butters."

My mom walks over to us, looking slightly worried.

"Butters, who's this?" She asks, kicking a couple boxes away from Kyle.

"I'm Kyle, I live across the street," Kyle points towards his house, "Do you want help moving your stuff inside? I can call a couple of my friends and they'll be happy to give you a hand."

"Would you? That's so kind." Mom smiles, suddenly trusting this strange boy.

Kyle takes his phone out of his pockets and calls someone.
Whilst he calls his friends, my mom and I quickly move the rest of the little boxes inside. The boxes are full of clothes, books, candles, small kitchen stuff like cups and plates, my stuffed animals and my hello Kitty figurines.

Just as we get the last of the boxes inside, Kyle's friends turn up.
One of them is a fat boy in a red coat which barely stretches over his stomach. He has a blue hat with a yellow poofball pulled over his brown hair and yellow gloves.
The other is a tall boy with a blue hat with a red poofball. He has a brown jacket and red gloves.

"This is Stan," Kyle points towards the tall boy, "and this is cartman." He punches the fat boy's arm.

"Kaaaahl that hurt!" Cartman whines, rubbing his arm. "Why are we even here? I don't want to help some faggy new kid move in."

Kyle raises his fist and the fat kid shuts up.
I don't think I like Cartman that much.

"Where's your stuff and where do I put it?" Stan asks, removing his gloves so he won't drop anything.

"Just grab anything from the moving van and take it inside. My mom will tell you where to put it."

Stan jumps into the van and starts dragging furniture out, being careful not to damage anything. Cartman and Kyle lift the couch off the ground and carry it inside, both of them arguing with each other.

"Do they argue all the time?" I ask Stan, rubbing my knuckles together subconsciously.

"All the freaking time. Just be glad you weren't there when Cartman was going through his parrot phase." Stan chuckles to himself as he starts carrying a large box full of pots and pans into the house.

"Parrot phase?" I repeat, following him inside like a lost puppy.

"He just repeated anything you said. Me and Kyle learned sign language so he couldn't copy us anymore."

"Before my dad died he tried to teach me sign language." I follow Stan outside as he goes to get another box, almost tripping over the doorstep.

"Help me carry this table inside." Stan starts lifting our oak table off the floor, ignoring what I just said.

An hour or so later, we've finally moved all of our possessions inside, although most of it is dumped on the floor or shoved against a wall to make walking space.
My bed is currently in the kitchen, the mattress, sheets and pillows nowhere to be found.

"Thanks so much for your helps boys," mom smiles, digging out her purse. "How does $25 each sound?"

"Oh, it's okay ma'am, we aren't asking for money," Kyle hands mom back the money, ignoring Cartman's whines of protest. "We're happy to help."

"I'm not..." Cartman mutters under his breath, receiving a punch from Kyle.

"Well I'd love to have each of you over for dinner, including your parents. If you'd write down their phone numbers or your address I'd love to get in contact with them."

She finds a scrap piece of paper and one of my Hello Kitty pencils. Each boy writes down their details before leaving the house.

Mom looks around our house and sighs happily. It's always been her dream to move into a proper house instead of a cruddy flat with mouldy walls and neighbours who either blast music during the early hours of the morning or moan loudly during sex.

"I'm so happy, Butters," she pulls me into a big hug, something she rarely does after my father died. "This is our new fresh start. We're going to be happy."

"I'm always happy when I'm with you, mom." I smile, returning the hug.

I breathe in the smell of my mom's special perfume that my dad bought her for their fifth wedding anniversary. It doesn't smell particularly nice, however it's the smell I associate with my mother so I class it as a good smell.

"Let's start rearranging the furniture, shall we?" Mom releases me from the loving hug and starts pulling my bed towards the stairs.

Somehow we manage to carry it up the stairs and into one of the bedrooms. It's the front bedroom, with blue walls and a window showing the street outside.
We push the bed against the wall, panting and grunting at the effort.

"Goodness that is heavy," mom wipes the sweat off her forehead, "and it doesn't even have a mattress!"

"Why don't you go look for them? I'll be down in a second." I say to her, wanting to explore the upper floor of the house and see if we have an attic.

Mom leaves the room. I take a look out of my window to see if Kyle and his friends are still there, but the only person I see is a tall person with an orange parka. The hood is pulled too tight so I can't make out whether they're a boy or girl, but despite this I still feel a slight attraction of some sort towards this person.

"Butters, are you coming?" Mom shouts from downstairs.

"Coming!" I reply.

I take another quick glance out of the window, only to find that the person is gone.