26

I run downstairs and out of the house, ignoring the concerned calls of Sheila and Gerald.
I don't shut the front door behind me, I don't look both ways before I cross the street, I don't apologise to the old lady who ran over me. I just go.

I reach Kenny's house and slow down before I reach the steps. I knock on the door loudly and try to steady my breathing before he opens the door.

The door opens slowly, but not all the way. Luckily, it's Kenny standing there and not his parents or one of his siblings.

"Oh. Hi Leo," He looks behind me and bites his lip. "I'm kinda busy right now. Can you come back later?"

He holds onto the door frame, probably trying to stop me getting in.

"What's wrong? You're not the kidnapper are you?" I try my hardest to sound like I'm joking, but my voice sounds annoyed rather than jokey.

I hear the sound of cutlery clanging against a plate from inside his house.

"Busy?" I roll my eyes, "Eating dinner doesn't count as busy."

"You don't understand, okay?" He snaps, "Just go home!"

I sigh loudly. There's no way I'm going to get him outside at this rate . Unless...

"Kenny, can I kiss you?" I suddenly ask. "Quickly before I go?"

"Sure." Kenny smiles.

I stand on my tiptoes, wrap my arms around his neck and press my lips against his.

Someone whistles from inside the house and Kenny responds by removing his hand from the doorframe and placing it on my waist. He does the same with his other hand and pulls me slightly closer.

I turn us around so I'm inside the house as well as him, but it doesn't seem as if he realises what I'm doing.
I pull away from him and slam the door shut.
Kenny frowns at me.

"Leo, I can't hang out right now. You need to leave," he opens the door, "now!"

"I can't! You're hiding something from me and I want to know what," When he tries to grab onto my shoulder, I back away from him, "Don't touch me!"

"What's going on with you, Leo?" He sounds hurt, broken, on the verge of tears.

"What's going on with me? What's going on with you?" I demand, raising my voice more than I'd like to. "You're the kidnapper, I know . The secret's out, Kenny! You're so afraid of me finding out that you can't focus in class, or sleep, or whatever."

Kenny frowns. "That's not what I'm hiding."

"So you are hiding something from me!"

"That- That's not what I meant!" He stammers.

"Kenny? Are you coming or what?" A woman's voice calls from where I presume is the kitchen.

"Just give me a second, mom!" Kenny shouts back, "I'm just dealing with something."

"Let's go have dinner, shall we?" I grab him by the wrist and drag him in the direction of the kitchen.

Despite the ugly, broken exterior, the interior of the house is beautiful.
The walls are painted olive green and are covered in beautiful framed paintings. Paintings that look as if they should belong in a museum. There are no cracks on the wall and there are no stains.
The carpet is brown, but there's a lime green rug with a strange brown pattern thrown down in front of the door which leads to the kitchen.

I push open said door and enter the kitchen, where Kenny's family are sat, waiting for Kenny so they can start eating their meal.

The table is all laid out, plates with cutlery and cups for drinks for each person. In the middle is a large chunk of meat on a large, round plate.

Karen is sat beside a teenage boy I've never seen before. He's got short brown hair, matching brown eyes and a long scar going from his left eyebrow to his chin.

Kenny's father is sat at the head of the table, halfway through a cheap looking bottle of whiskey.
His mother is stood up, cutting into the meat with a large carving knife.

"Kenny we've been waiting for ag-" his mom stops, spotting me. She drops her bloody knife onto the chunk of strange smelling meat she was cutting into. "What's he doing here? I told you not to let anyone in the house!"

I stare at the odd meat. I haven't seen anything like it before. It's way too pink to be pork, beef or mutton. Despite the disgusting odour, I know it's not fish.

"Kenny, what the fuck is that?" I ask, my stomach churning because I think I already know. "Kenny, please tell me that's not Wendy."

"It's not," Smirks the teenage boy beside Karen, "this lovely chunk'a meat is your dear friend Jaxon Cartman."

"Kevin!" Kenny's mom snarls. She turns to face me, "I'm so sorry about this, dear."

She quickly picks up a frying pan from the countertop and swings it in one brisk movement, knocking me out before I can move or ask what she means.

I feel my body hit the cold tiled floor before everything goes black.