A

I live through pictures as if I was right there by your side, but you'll be good without me and if I could just give it some time, I'll be alright . . .

That night, George had stayed the night with you.  He was curled up on your bed, his eyes squeezed shut and the blankets around him tightly.  He was exhausted from everything that had been going on.  George pressed his head against the pillow, a frown gracing his handsome but sad features. 

You had sat up all night, worried out of your mind for the man.  There wasn't a moment that you didn't think about him.  You glanced over at George's sleeping form, frowning all the while.  You leaned over and gently pressed your lips to his forehead, taking in a deep breath.  You told yourself you would help him, but you didn't know yourself if you could even try to protect yourself.  You didn't know if you'd be able to make it out of this fight alive.  You finally laid down beside of George, cuddling into his side.  He didn't move; he was in a deep sleep.  You looked up at the ceililng.  It would be a long night.

The next morning wasn't any better; George remained asleep as you hauled your tired body out of the bed.  You stretched out your sleepy muscles and walked into the bathroom.  There wasn't a doubt in your mind that George wouldn't want to just sleep for the rest of his time at your house.  You knew he was depressed; you knew he wanted his brother back.  So did you.  You wanted Fred back, as well.

If Fred was back, you would have your George.  If Fred was back, you'd have the man of your dreams.  If Fred was back, your life wouldn't be a mess.  Everything was falling apart.  And even though you still have your George back, it wasn't him.  It wasn't who he used to be, anyways.  He wasn't the George you fell asleep on while watching a muggle movie.  He wasn't the George you ate ice cream with at 3 AM because you had nothing better to do.  It just wasn't the same.  All you could wish for was Fred to magically come back to life - no pun intended.  

If only you two had Fred back . . . then maybe you would be okay.