*4* Doctors are from mars.

"Don't quit; you're already in pain, you're already hurt, get a reward from it"

Jodie's POV.

I stood in front of the mirror deciding to use an eye liner. I already feel bad, I can't look bad too. Surprisingly, it looked good. I used a nude lipstick and dapped my face with the powder brush. I decided on on a ponytail and used an edge control. I looked good. Pleased with myself I threw on a blue tank top, black jeggings, a white kimono and wore my favourite pair of boots.

I watched my parents steal glances at me several times at the table.

"I'm fine." I say, breaking the silence.

"Second day of school and I'll be stabbing classes. No way!"

"Did you at least take your tramadol?" my mother asked.

"Yes doctor" I replied sarcastically, taking a sip of my juice as I chowed down toast. "Plus, I'll be going for my medicals today."

"Alright then."

My father drove me to school again before going to work and soon I was at the Arts theatre, waiting for Kaka.

"Hiiiiiii," she said, walking towards me.

"What's up? Good morning," I greeted.

"Good morning to you too."

"Shall we?" I beckoned.

We walked to the first class for the day. Eng 114, room 402. Luckily there were empty seats in the middle so we sat at the extreme right so Kaka could charge her phone. Not quite long, the room was full and we anticipated the arrival of the lecturer.

"Can I manage with you," a voice said. Turning, I saw a girl our age. She was slim and tall, kinda looking like a model. She was wearing a crop top that revealed her belly button and blue jeans. Her hair extensions were curly, false eyelashes and blue eye contacts. For the classroom setting, her makeup was too heavy.

"Sure," I replied as I watched Kaka roll her eyes. "What's your name?"

"Mara," she replied, squeezing herself between us since Kaka refused to move in.

After two hours which I spent trying to suppress the urge of smacking the girl who kept pushing and grunting, we were done with the class. As the attendance was passed, I noticed what the new girl had written... James Amarachi Patience. Mara indeed.

We walked to our next class in silence. Kaka suddenly went dumb, probably because of our new company. As we got to the next class, all the seats were occupied. We stood behind before a girl waved in front at Amarachi aka Mara.

"Guess you guys will be standing alone then. Ciaos," she grinned and walked to the front.
Can I punch this girl already?

After the last class, Kaka suggested we had lunch at Mavis since it was along the path to the medical centre. She had to leave after the meal as she had to get something at Yaba.

"Can I help you?" a dark woman asked. More like growled.

"I was wondering if I could speak with a doctor?"