*8* Forever young.

"Our awareness of death makes us more awake to life."

Jodie's POV

Forever young, I wanna live forever young. Mr Hudson's voice echoed from the speakers as I rode in dad's car to my new apartment. He sat in front with my mum while I sat at the back. Friday had finally come so I was moving in.

After a little arrangement the house was beginning to look good. The only unopened boxes contained my clothes and books. Next came hours of long speeches from both parent.

"Are we free to leave now?" My mum spoke after the long sermon ended.

"Yea. But can dad drop me off in school?" I asked.

"School? I thought you said you're free today." Dad said, getting off my bed.

"Yes. But I need to visit the medical centre to get a my report. The registration takes a while."

"Oya let's go." That was my mum.

Mum insisted on going up with me to see one of the doctors concerning my health while dad waited in the car.

"You know you don't have to do this. This isn't secondary school." I argued as she walked behind me.

"Come on. I'm doing this for your good."

"Fine. Wait here while I get my result."

I immediately went to locate my wonderful friend and nurse, Rosie for the test result.

"Hey Jodie! How are you?" She spoke with her signature sweet smile.

"I'm fine. I came for my results."

"You'll get them today but you'll have to get an appointment for your x-ray later" She said.

"That's alright."

She led me to the room I'd met Doctor Strange and looked through some files on the cabinet.

"I'm sure I kept it here" she spoke, searching for the umpteenth time. After going thought the files again, she spotted it on the table. "Here it is."

I collected it from her and rose to leave. I noticed my mum speaking with someone as I got out. I couldn't see his face as his back was turned towards my direction. He left before I got there.

"Who was that?" I asked my mum.

'Oh, just some nice doctor. I told him about you. I even got his number."

"Mum?!" I cried out. "He could have been some random stranger."

"Of course not. He was holding a stethoscope."

"Fine. Can we go now?"

We moved to the car in silence. There was no reason telling or showing them the result, they all knew my condition.