0.1

Interlude One:

A knock on the door made THE QUEEN look up. "Madam? It had been nearly a week and the Master has grown concerned," it was one of her maids. THE QUEEN knew who it was immediately.

Henrietta had golden yellow locks that curled around her heart shaped face. Her cheeks and round nose seemed to go always be dipped in a rosy red blush. Her eyes were a goregous blue that seemed to shine whenever it caught the light. She was so perfect. So beautiful. So unlike THE QUEEN and what THE QUEEN was supposed to be.

And for that, THE QUEEN hated her.

"Leave," THE QUEEN croaked, her throat choked with unshed tears.

"Madam, may I enter your chambers?" She said.

"I said leave!" THE QUEEN roared, more tears spilling over.

Footsteps hurried away, and THE QUEEN was left in silence once more. THE QUEEN sniffed and looked down. THE QUEEN's stomach, THE QUEEN's once full, round stomach, had been ripped from her. The child THE QUEEN worked so very hard on yanked out of her grasp.

THE QUEEN let out a short sob, wrapping her arms around her belly. THE QUEEN let the tears run down her face freely

The door opened, and THE QUEEN's head shot up, THE QUEEN didn't bother to wipe the tears from her eyes, but THE QUEEN eyed door. A tea cart was being wheeled into THE QUEEN's room, and behind it, was Henrietta. She gave THE QUEEN a hesistant smile, and THE QUEEN hadn't spoken a word.

"It is tea. Your favourite, Indian Chai," Henrietta sat on the bed, not even looking at THE QUEEN as she prepared the milky brown substance.

"I told you to leave me be," THE QUEEN muttered bitterly.

"Yes, but the Master sent me back. He sends his condolences for your loss," Henrietta replied.

THE QUEEN laughed, "Do not lie to me, maid. My husband has done no such thing." It was true. There was no love in their marriage, since it had been arranged by both of their parents. He was furious when he kept trying to have children with THE QUEEN and failed. He drunk himself in to abyss and busied himself with his work and his company. Neither had truly spent time with the other, as if they had been as far as the earth orbiting the sun, never to touch.

However, this relationship did not gain any pity from THE QUEEN's friends, or family. They were also as angry with THE QUEEN, shunning THE QUEEN, and calling THE QUEEN selfish for not having his children, no matter how hard THE QUEEN had tried. They all took pity on THE QUEEN's husband, since he would not have an heir. Or at least it seemed that way until finally, THE QUEEN was victorious.

THE QUEEN had been impregnated with the child for almost five months before the accident. And those five months, it was the greatest of all of her life. THE QUEEN's husband was actually around her. THE QUEEN's friends and family stopped shunning her. Even the house servants, who usually never smiled or looked upon the formerly infertile female gazed upon THE QUEEN round belly and a smile stretching their lips.

Then, the accident happen. THE QUEEN hardly remembered it. The carriage turning over, everything around THE QUEEN a buzz. THE QUEEN was rushed to the nearest hospital and treated. When THE QUEEN woke up, they told THE QUEEN that if they hadn't taken the baby out of her womb THE QUEEN would have died. Since THE QUEEN was four months early there would be no possible way the baby could, or would, survive.