3.4

Chapter Fourteen:

Emblym muscles tensed as the woman's hand hovered over the lever, ready to move it back to excruciating pain at any second. She was breathing hard through her nose and she felt crispy, like a sandwich someone left in a skillet too long. Emblym could smell her skin singe and burn from the electrical shocks she had been subject to.

And, how did her voices feel about this? Well, it would be terrible to say they practically relished in her pain, but, well, they did. They went absolutely wild with exhileration when they turned up the voltage as she screamed in agony. They didn't even let her summon her knife, they were so satisfied.

"This is getting nowhere," the man who asked her the question growled. He stepped closer to her and grabbed her chin. Emblym tried to bite at his fingers, but his other hand was tasked with the job of keeping her head still, causing her to snap her jaw at air. "Maybe... A few molars might change its stance?"

Emblym frowned, confused for just a minute. Then, she realized that he meant her teeth. Before she could scream, he let her go, with a small shove, making her head hit the back of the chair, and she bit down in her tongue. "Or, break a few of its fingers?" He suggested, turning to the woman behind him.

"The fingers," she said. "The teeth might keep it from speaking properly."

"Fingers it is," he said, his voice falsey cheerful. He gave Emblym a terrifying smile that made her heart skip a beat in fear. Then, he turned around, stepping near the side of the room, beside the entire wall dedicated to weapons of physical and psychological terror.

"No! No!!" She screamed, terrified. The voices screamed along with her, but it was the exact opposite.

"Yes! Yes!! Blood! Blood! Blood!!" They cried, their cheers making Emblym cringe in pain.

She didn't have time to scold them as the man came back, and stepped leisurely to Emblym's side. Her fingers were curled in balls, her hands bleeding from her nails being pressed so hard into her palms. "Please, cooperate," he said as he pulled her fingers apart. He had a strange device in his other hand.

It took several minutes of struggle, but he finally managed to get it on her hand. It spread her fingers apart as far as she could and yet left room for the hammer - because god forbid it not to allow to torture the victim.

He rasied his hammer. "Where's Wonderland?" He demanded, and despite how much respect Emblym had for Hatter, if she knew the whereabouts the planet, she would sell him and his legacy out.

But, Emblym didn't, and man's crooked smile grew. His arm came down in a flash, and then she heard a sickening crunch. Her back arched despite the restrains as she let out a blood-curling scream.

•♠️♣️♥️♦️•

Emblym laid in the bed, her eyes staring at nothing. Her fingers had been haphazardly wrapped, but that was all the first aid and received. She didn't try to move. She wanted to die.

A tear slicked past her cheek at the sudden thought. She couldn't live like this, being tortured relentlessly, the pain never seeming to stop.

And then, she thought of Hatter, she thought of everything he's done, everything he did for her. Embylm shuddered, he treated her like a human - he was the only person to do that. He made her feel, he changed her. Emblym's stomach rolled, she wished she never met Hatter. She wished that she was still cold-hearted and bloodthirsty and mean.

Emblym wished she could die.

The door buzzed and her eyes went wide. That was the sound it made before it opened and they came to take her away again. They were back!? They usually gave her at least a day, or a few hours! How long has it been!? She didn't want to go back yet, she couldn't!