new text message!

youngmin
offline

youngmin, can we talk?
things cant end there.
we need to sort things out.

youngmin is online.
youngmin is typing...

fuck off, hyemi.

?!?!?!?
im trying to solve things out and this is
the type of shit i get back from you?
look, i get it youre fucking angry but
that has got nothing to do with you being
a dick towards someone who wants to
fucking help you?
like hello?
did your fucking manners and logic
suddenly disappear?

im sorry hyemi.
im just so mad.
idk if i can talk.
or meet anyone.
or call.
or text.
or do anything.

its ok.
i dont want to meet you anyways.
youngmin, im meeting daniel today.

WJNFKSF WHAT?!
why would u do that?!

bcs i need to hear some explanation?!?

no you dont.
the past is the past.

why are you triggered... again?

im not lmao.
fuck it.
meet him.
but whatever he says, always remember
that we were 15-16, we do stupid shit
when we were younger. and that actually also
not only ruined daniel's life but mine too.
[ seen ]

[16:32]

hyemi furrowed her eyebrows as she locks her phone, placing it on the table, sipping her iced coffee.

she was currently waiting for daniel to arrive at their destination. not gonna lie, she was nervous, her heart was beating so fast. why, though?

she looks at her watch, 4:32 and ticking. she thinks to self, ah, 2 minutes late.

she tries to ignore the boy being late. soon after, the cafe door opened and the bell on it rang. her head shoots up, the familiar sight of the boy who just walked in looked exactly just like the boy she was texting on tinder.

fuck fuck fuck fuck he's here, she'd thought, nervous. her palms sweating, her knees weak, her heart beating fast.

with hesitation, the boy walks closer to hyemi, "h- hyemi? i.. is that you?".

you know that scientific study when they say that when you see someone that you like, your pupils will grow larger? well, for hyemi, she knows for damn well that her pupil was growing 100x larger than before.

the boy looked as goodlooking as his fucking profile picture. "d - daniel?" she hesitates too. of course that's the boy, who else could it be?

the smile on his lips disappeared, which made hyemi worried. "w - what happened to calling me euigeon?" he pouts, then laughing afterwards. hyemi lets out a laugh of relief.

"o.. oh," was all hyemi could say. "geez, i've been waiting for months to meet you in person," he smiles, sighing in relief. "it's almost a year," he giggles.

"yeah, it has," hyemi places a warm smile on her lips. "and you're so much more prettier in person," he says, which made her heart flatter.

"daniel, i– i came here to hear an explanation—" hyemi tries to change the topic but daniel interrupted her. "— oh come on! we've just met, let's do some basic catch up. i'll tell you the story later!" daniel reassures her.

she nods, sipping her coffee again.

two hours later and daniel and hyemi were talking happily. "yeah! i know, right? like he practically fucking murdered my cat!" daniel laughs, talking about kenta 'murdering' his favourite cat yuki.

"can i see yuki?" hyemi asks. daniel nods willingly, "sure!" he smiles, pulling out his phone and showing hyemi a picture of yuki and him together.

hyemi's 'a child! must! protect!™' senses were activated and she immediately squeals. "oh my god! yuki's so fat and cute!" she giggles.

"i know! and kenta had to be a bitch and make it jump high enough to its death," he laughs, sighing, putting his phone in his pocket.

they both let out a sigh at the same time, leaning back onto their chairs. they stared at each other, hyemi's heart was racing. she never felt like this whenever she was with youngmin.

"back in 2011..." daniel starts out. hyemi paid close attention.

"i - i had this girl, her name was chaeyeon," he says, his eyes on the ground. "i loved her, and i'd like to think that she loved me back. we were practically kids in love – back in high school, at least," he laughs.

"we shared everything, we did everything together, we were so happy. everyone knew about us, but the thing is, we werent together,"

"i know, 'if you both are in love, why dont you get together?'. she didnt want to be in a relationship, and she never did told me the reason why,"

"o - one day, she didnt come to school, i was worried! she didnt reply my texts, answer my calls, th - that was until i - i found out that -" daniel couldnt even speak.

"i found out that she killed herself-" his voice cracks. "wh - when the police checked through her house, they found anti depressants and therapy dates,"

"that was the reason why she didnt want to be in a relationship. because she didnt want to hurt me,"

"when the police did a check on her phone, her recent message was from youngmin,"

"and guess what did the message say?" i shrug.

" 'chaeyeon, i love you. but you and daniel are in love so i am very sad. fuck you, fuck you for letting my hopes down. i hope you choke and die for leading me onto you, i never want to see you again,' " he continues.

daniel starts to tear up and he sniffles. "and police said that on that day, c -  chaeyeon's parents were in a huge argument. so - so that was what mostly triggered her th- that da – sorry—" daniel suddenly stops talking, wiping away his tears.

hyemi sighs, "i - it's okay," she places a warm smile on her lips.

" i - i hated youngmin from that day, i - i mean, he was the last fucking guy that was in contact with her! and he practically triggered her death, i — " daniel lets out a frustrated sigh, he slams his fists onto the table.

"i couldnt function! s - she was the first girl i ever loved," he sighs. hyemi found herself tearing up too.

hyemi's hands trailed along the table and soon found his', placing her hands slowly and gently on top of his', he took her fingers in his hands and intertwined them together.

he looks into hyemi's eyes, he lets out a soft chuckle, "and then i found you,"