new text message!

daniel❣️
typing...

i cooked some pancakes for you,
in case you were hungry.
i used my mom's recipe and my mom
never goes wrong.
i'll be back soon.
wait for me 😜

hyemi laughs, and gets up from the bed, walking over to the kitchen, she sees a plate of pancakes and maple syrup prepared.

hyemi sat down on one of the chairs and ate the perfectly cooked pancakes daniel cooked for her.

just in the nick of time, she felt a vibration on her pocket.

new text message!
from: im youngmin.
click here to see more.

im youngmin
online

im sorry
im sorry
im sorry

hyemi sighs, she locks her phone and she ignores. as much as she hates ignoring youngmin, she didnt know what to do.

should she continue ignoring? or try to work things out? she knew she shouldnt have listened to youngmin when he reassured her that everything was going to be okay.

im youngmin
online

reply me, hyemi.
i need to hear from you

dont talk to me |
dont talk |
dont t |
dont |
do |
|

i need to hear from you,
please.
[ seen ]

just then, she heard daniel open the front door. she smiles at the sight of him. "you're back early on a sunday," she giggles.

"oh, you're eating my gordon ramsay dish!" he claps his hands, scrunching his nose at the sight of the girl he loves eating one of his dishes.

"oh really?" hyemi sarcastically remarks, she walks over to daniel and puts her arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer to her.

their lips met and she gives him a short kiss. "either way, your dish is amazing," she giggles.

he shrugs, "it's just pancakes, shut up," he gave a cocky reply, putting his keys on the kitchen table before walking up to his room.

hyemi looks at her phone again, thinking whether to reply or not. just then, yuki meows and crawls over to her.

hyemi looks down and her heart melted. she puts her phone away and picks yuki up in her arms. she scrunches her nose at the sight of it.

"help me decide, yuki — should i? or should i not reply?" hyemi pouts, cradling it in her arms as if it were a real child.

daniel walks down, overheard what she said. "reply who?" he asks, his hands in his pockets. hyemi turns around, shocked, patting yuki gently still.

"oh — n .. no one," hyemi hesitates. she couldnt tell daniel who was texting her. as much as she wanted to, she cant.

because she knew it'll tear daniel and make him beat the shit out of youngmin and that was the last thing she wanted him to do.

"hyemi," daniel sternly says, walking closer to her, looking at her in the eye. "trust me, okay?" she puts on a smile, placing a small peck on his cheek, daniel blushes and smiles to himself.

"oh! i have to go," hyemi changes the topic, handing yuki over to daniel. he pouts, "why?". hyemi grabs her bag, "i have to get to the dorm, i need to start on a project," she sighs, walking out.

"hyemi — there's someone here to see you," one of her friends, hwaseong, called for hyemi. hyemi was currently working on her project in the library silently with her group members.

she laughs, "if it's daniel, tell him that i —" then her sentence was cut. "it.. it's not daniel," someone else voiced out from behind her.

she turns around to be greeted by im youngmin. her eyes widened, she stands up, eyeing over at youngmin. "y - youngmin?" she couldnt believe it herself.

her eyes signaled 'outside' and he got the hint. so they went outside to talk. hyemi frustratedly groans, "why are you here?!"

youngmin lets out a soft laugh, "i needed to talk to you," hyemi interrupts, "there's nothing to talk!". youngmin had so much to say.

"im really sorry—" youngmin repeats. "— and i forgive you!" hyemi cuts him off. "and i just cant stand being away from you—" youngmin says. "— then do something about it!" hyemi raises her voice.

"i'm trying to! and the only f — fucking solution is to see you, to be with you, to hear your voice!" youngmin yells at her, showing off his strong dialect.

hyemi shuts herself up. "l — look i .. i screwed up," youngmin begins to talk after a moment of silence. "i screwed up with chaeyeon and i screwed up with you," he says.

"and i screwed up with your boyfriend," he whispers under his breath, laughing to himself. "i regretted everything in my past. but that's only because i loved her and — and i .. i love you,"

"daniel took chaeyeon away from me before and he's taking you away now and it just freaking seems like he's taking everything i love away!" youngmin cries out.

"i just want to start over, hyemi, please?" he begs, his hands to eventually finding hyemi's. he looks at her in the eyes.

"he — he's not my boyfriend," hyemi softly spoke, looking down at the ground, fiddling with her fingers. youngmin was caught off guard. "w — what?" was all he could say, he laughs.

"yeah, um, he hasnt asked me to be his or anything of that sort," hyemi laughs, trying to cease the awkwardness.

"wow, that's kang daniel for you every-fucking-body! five months into knowing chaeyeon, he asked her to be his girlfriend but she rejected," youngmin exclaims.

"you guys have been seeing each other for more than five months!" youngmin laughs. "where are you going with this, im youngmin?" hyemi grits her teeth, clenching her fists.

"im just saying — does daniel really love you enough?" youngmin raises his eyebrow, he shakes his head and then walks away slowly from hyemi.

all hyemi could think of was was she even enough for daniel?