inbox [ 9 ]!

"oh baby are you okay?" daniel runs over to hyemi, pulling her into a tight hug. her head resting on his chest as he caresses her hair and repeatedly telling her that it's okay it's okay it's okay.

hyemi was crying in his embrace, sobbing, actually. for god's sake, let the girl live, she has just been sexually harassed and it's going to take a long time for her to get back to normal.

"i'm so sorry," was what daniel whispered  over and over to her. hyemi stutters, "w — what are you sorry for?" softly, sobbing. there was a long pause before daniel sighs, "i'm sorry for not being there for you,"

"daniel — i .. i was in school, how would you know that he'd show up?" hyemi lets out a small chuckle, daniel does too, after hearing her voice.

"oh i swear to god if i see youngmin one more time, i'll knock his ass out baby, i'll knock his ass out so bad that you wont ever see him again for the rest of your life, i'll make him pay for what he did," daniel reassures her.

and in that moment, hyemi felt so confused with everything that has been going on for the past five hours but in that moment, that very moment, hyemi was sure that daniel meant every word he said. she felt safe and secured, she never wanted to leave his arms.

"do — dont mention his name," hyemi softly said, daniel heard and he nods his head. he understood. youngmin couldnt leave hyemi alone. he followed her, he stalked her, he verbally and physically harassed her.

daniel was praying to the lord and thanking him that the love of his life was safe. and that she wasnt hurt at all. "i — i was so scared, you know?" she whispers softly only the two of them could hear.

daniel and hyemi were at the police station. the teacher knew that youngmin was disturbing hyemi and suggested that she would file a report, if she wanted to, or just make a statement and maybe just file a restraining order, again — if she wanted to.

"i know baby i know, and it's okay — i'm here now, and i'll never leave you," daniel whispers into her ear, kissing her forehead repeatedly, all he wanted to do right now was to make sure that hyemi was safe.

"okay — jung hyemi? let's begin with your statement, tell me everything that im youngmin has done to you, from the beginning," one of the officer, sat right in front of the two, finally questioning hyemi.

"no one is allowed to be here unless you're family or—" the officer's sentence was cut. "— uh, he's .. he's family. he's my boyfriend," hyemi interrupts, and not gonna lie, daniel was trying to hide his smile that was slowly creeping on his face.

and with that, hyemi started to pour her heart out. "wow, he did that? sweetheart, he has been harassing you ever since and you didnt tell this to anyone? do you want to file a restraining order? we can do that if you want us to—" the officer comforted hyemi.

"— yes, we'd like to file a restraining order," daniel smiles at the officer, slowly intertwining his fingers with hers'. hyemi's eyes widened, she looked at daniel with her eyebrows furrowed. "uh — uh.. i dont think that's necessary," she whispers over at him, trying to not cause a scene.

"babe, he has been harassing you! following you! you have got to put an end to this!" daniel tried to convince hyemi. "daniel—" hyemi drags his name, it was serious now. "hyemi—" daniel does the same with her name.

hyemi clicks her tongue, "daniel, i just think i can handle it by myself," she sighs. "that was what you said last time and look what happened now! you're here, deciding whether to file a restraining order on him!" he raises his tone but slowly toning it down abit.

"babe, i can't always be there for you, i dont want to lose you, hyemi. i love you with all my heart so can you please just do this? please?" at this rate, daniel was begging, each time he said please, he tightened the grip of his hand on hers.

hyemi looks down, to see both of their hands intertwined and then looking into daniel's eyes, which was full of remorse and regret. she puts on a weak smile before looking at the officer. "f — fine, let's... let's file a restraining order," hyemi stutters.

after making a statement, daniel and hyemi decided to walk back to daniel's apartment since his apartment was just four blocks away from the station.

hyemi was still trying hard to function so having daniel around her to protect her would be the best option for her at the moment. with their arms linked around each other, they stroll together back home.

10:30 pm and the clock continues to tick. daniel fell asleep on the couch while watching how to get away with murder on netflix.

hyemi, on the other hand, was scrolling through the useless apps on her phone that she was trying to delete. she sighs, then her eyes fell on the app named tinder — where it all first started.

sometimes, she'd look through her inbox and think to herself whether all of this was worth it. she stopped using it after meeting daniel. but when she's lonely, she tries to start up a conversation with someone on there, a friendly one, nothing more.

inbox[9]:
1] kim donghyun
click here to see more.

2] lee taeyong
click here to see more.

3] ha sungwoon
click here to see more.

4] jeon jungkook
click here to see more.

kim donghyun
why dont you give youngmin a chance?

jung hyemi
a chance? ive given him tons.

kim donghyun
then stop leading him on

jung hyemi
leading him on?!
i have told him multiple times that i
dont feel the way he feels about me.

kim donghyun
you know if you could just tell youngmin
that you dont love him, maybe he wouldnt
be getting a fucking restraining order from you.

jung hyemi
you know if youngmin could just back
off from me maybe i wouldnt have to even file that
damn restraining order against him in the first place.

kim donghyun
he loves you, hyemi

jung hyemi
you think i didnt know that?
im sorry i dont love him back.

kim donghyun
then at least try to love him

jung hyemi
are you even listening to yourself right now?
jesus christ boys just have a brain the size of
an ant do they?

"hey—" daniel wakes up from his short nap, eyes heavy like lead, he slurs, looking at hyemi, like as if he was drunk. hyemi immediately locks her phone, she raises her brows, in acknowledgment of daniel's hey.

"you meant every word you said, right?" hyemi asks daniel. the boy right beside her. he shoots up, rubbing his eyes, he was in confusion.

"you meant it when you said you love me, right?" hyemi says, fiddling with her fingers. daniel sighs, grabbing her hands together, he lets out a small chuckle.

without hesitation, he goes up to her and crashes his lips against hers. he pulls her waist closer to his body, their bodies touching, while she runs her fingers through his hair, daniel smiles to himself.

"i meant every word," he whispers to her in between kisses, each kiss he finds himself moving downwards to her jaw. and with that, my friends, daniel spent the entire night showing it to her that he meant every word he said, and that he loved her so much, and that he'll never leave her side.

yea of course by that i mean they had sex again, jesus christ.