new text message!

daniel❣️
offline

take care, i love you.

all night, hyemi could only think of youngmin's words. should she be the first person to make a move? who should make the move? does daniel really love her?

hyemi tried so hard to blur out all her thoughts. she tried so hard to get youngmin's words out her head because she knew it was bad for her health. but she cant help but think.

come on! hyemi and daniel already had sex, for christ's sake! and they're still not together? but then again, people go through situations like this everywhere, so they're not alone.

"hyemi, baby?" daniel whispers her name. she snaps out of her reverie. she weakly smiles at her boy — oh, i mean, daniel. they were at the cafe, drinking coffee and lattes right after lecture.

daniel furrows his eyebrows and asks, "is there something wrong?" but hyemi couldnt even look into his eyes for a solid 5 seconds. she looks away as soon as her eyes met his'. daniel sighs, then he cups her hands in his'.

he whispers, "if you have anything to talk about, i'm always here," softly and best believe in that moment, she poured out everything. everything of what youngmin said. all about the relationship situation.

daniel's eyes widened. he was stuck in between emotions. he didnt know whether to be sad or angry. well, in his defense, he should be sad that hyemi would ever think that she's not enough for him. best believe he was angry at the fact that youngmin still has the guts to hurt hyemi.

"baby, baby no, dont ever think like that!" daniel lets out a soft chuckle, intertwining fingers with hyemi. "you will and forever will be enough for me," he reassures her. "i love you," he whispers and kisses her hand gently to remind her that she's enough for him.

"also, i'm sorry, i -- i never thought that the fact of us not being together would ever hurt you like this, and i cant believe youngmin would ever speak of her like that! her name doesnt deserve to be disrespected," daniel groans, shaking his head.

and in that instant moment, hyemi realized that daniel was still hung up on chaeyeon, no matter the amount of years had passed. daniel couldnt even say her name properly.

"h — her name?" hyemi purposely questioned daniel, like as if she didnt already know. daniel sighs, "y.. you know — the deceased," he whispers.

hyemi rolls her eyes, "daniel, you cant even say her name without hesitating!" she raises her voice loud enough for the both of them to hear. daniel chuckles, "what do you mean? i'm so over her! i mean, not like that but she's part of my past," he defended himself.

and that was when it all hit hyemi right in the head.  daniel was still hung up on chaeyeon that's why he never made the move. but hyemi tried to put it all away, throw it out, like it was yesterday's history.

"tell me you love me," hyemi blurts out in the middle of daniel speaking. he stops mid sentence, raising his eyebrow and smiling sheepishly. "w — what?" he says, confused.

hyemi repeats again, "tell me you love me — wait, dont. geez, i dont know! tell me the truth!" she frustratedly raises her voice. daniel intertwines his fingers with hers' and looks at her straight into her eyes.

"i love you, jung hyemi. and that is the truth, i, kang daniel, love jung hyemi with all my heart," daniel reassures her one last time before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

+ j. hyemi.

"so did you finally have a talk with daniel? what did i say? that he's still hung up over chaeyeon, right?" youngmin voices out from behind me as i try to calmly place my textbooks into my locker.

he leans on the locker right next to mine and as i loudly shut mine, to show that i wasnt in the mood for talking, i turn to my right and see him grinning.

"what do you want, im youngmin?" i softly yet seriously asked him, i was tired, playing his games. all he did was laugh to himself as he folds his arms.

"practically, you. but we all know that cant happen, right? so realistically, i want you to find out that daniel isnt the guy you think he is," youngmin smirks to himself, i find myself rolling my eyes at him.

"i want you to stay away from me, youngmin. from now on, i dont want to see you anywhere near me, you got that? stop pestering me about my love life. i have so many things to focus on right now and one of them isnt you," i walk closer to youngmin and whisper right into his face.

"i love daniel, and he loves me. and whether or not he proposes or does anything else other than that is none of your business," was the last thing i said. youngmin was letting out deep and heavy breaths, he tightens his fists.

and then the school bell went off and everyone heads right to their classes. just when i was about to walk to mine, youngmin grabs my wrists and holds me back so i couldnt move.

"let go of me before i scream," i whisper at him. he chuckles. "scream as loud as you want, nobody's gonna hear you. they're all in class," my eyes widened, my pupils dilated, i was terrified.

"y — youngmin, l.. let go of me!" i raise my voice at him, he tightens the grip of my wrists even more. seconds after, he pins me up against my own locker and was inches away from my face.

he breathes heavily down my neck and he whispers, "if i cant have you, no one can," and at that moment, i knew i fucked up. i couldnt push him away, he was bigger and stronger than me.

i knew what i was getting myself into, and i was scared straight. "p — please, stop this, you.. you dont want to do anything that you'll regret!" i stutter, my voice hoarse, voice breaking, i was almost tearing up but i had to suck it up to put on a strong act.

within seconds, he puts his lips on me and kisses me roughly. i did everything that i could to make it stop. i tried resisting but his grip was a thousand times stronger than mine, it was impossible that i could even escape.

so i bit his lip, as hard as i could. it was the only way that i could make him stop, right? he breaks contact, looking at me, raising his eyebrow and using his right hand to touch his bleeding lip.

and in that moment, i screamed, i screamed till my heart's content. youngmin tried to shut me up but i kicked his calf and he fell to the ground.

a teacher soon walks out of the door, eyeing me down, asking me what the hell both of us were doing. then, followed by two other teachers.

i was already crying, and youngmin was down on the floor, panting, wincing in pain. so i ran up to the teacher, and i hugged her as tight as i could as i kept whispering to her — "please help me, i cant do this anymore,"

and the only thing on my mind right now is daniel.