Tuesday

Hey guys!! I'm so glad to be writing again!! Honestly it feels amazing to finally be doing this again. I apologize for being so MIA lately but there's a lot of stuff going on for me. I'll try to be more consistent with updates in the future but... i guess we'll just have to wait and see how that goes. Anyway I really hope you enjoy this chapter!! :)

Comment, vote, or follow! Or whatever you want :P

Also the prom dress mentioned in this is linked in the comments :)

Oh and Safe and Sound is the chapter song :D

You'd managed to survive another day of detention with Vanitas. Even though Roxas and Xion's teasing from the night before had made spending all that time with Vanitas a little bit more difficult than it normally would be. It wasn't that you liked him again necessarily but certain feelings do return much quicker than others. He was a pretty attractive guy, there was no doubt about that. If it wasn't for his slightly intimidating personality you wouldn't be surprised if he was swarmed by girls all the time. It wasn't like he meant to be like that but that's just how he was. Once you got past that exterior it was pretty much smooth sailing from then on. He was definitely a great guy. And well, he might not exactly have as much of a build as Zack or his cousin Leon but, he was definitely toned and physically fit. And you definitely knew that for sure, considering the fact that you'd had that picture of him shirtless at the beach on your phone for the longest time. Something had always just drawn you to Vanitas. Even though his snide remarks and the banter could get pretty annoying they were probably what brought you to him in the first place and maybe that was what was drawing you to him again...

Ring! Ring! Ring!

You hadn't even realized when you'd drifted into thought about Vanitas as you sat there. This was not a good sign at all, considering the fact that you still had the rest of the day and week to spend with him.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

You pulled your phone out and quickly answered it, "Hi mom," you'd seen the caller ID.

"Hi there sweetie. I'm sorry but I won't be able to pick up your dress today, do you think you'll have a chance to stop by?"

"Um... yeah that should be fine. I could actually stop by right now. I'm just waiting for Vanitas since we are working on the art project at his house and I don't think he'll mind stopping by. I needed to try it on again anyways."

"Alright dear. Say hi to his mom for me. I love you."

"Love you too mom."

You put your phone back in your bag and stood up as you saw Vanitas pulling up. Luckily your thoughts had shifted to prom instead of him. But, you could sense that small feeling of nervousness in the pit of your stomach at the thought of him seeing you in your dress.

*****

"So I'm assuming it's the same place that Sora got his stuff," Vanitas said as he turned onto the street.

"Yeah, the same one."

The two of you remained mostly silent. There was some music on in the background but you weren't paying much attention to it since the windows were down. Your hair was going crazy, flying all over the place. You were surprised how Vanitas's hair managed to stay perfect, but it was probably the same reason that Sora's, Ventus's, and Roxas's hair always seemed to stay perfect.

"Do you need me to roll the windows up?" Vanitas asked as the car stopped at a red light.

"No, that's fine," you said as you were pulling your hair into a ponytail.